Microsoft KB Archive/169441
Article ID: 169441
Article Last Modified on 8/17/2005
- Scholastic's The Magic School Bus Explores the Human Body for Macintosh
This article was previously published under Q169441
When you attempt to print the driver's license from Magic School Bus Explores the Human Body to a Hewlett Packard (HP) DeskJet printer, the program may become minimized or seem to disappear.
The Magic School Bus (MSB) Human Body and the HP DeskJet Status Monitor are running on your computer at the same time and competing for the same resources in Windows 95. The HP DeskJet Status Monitor software is installed when you install your DeskJet's printer driver.
When you try to print a driver's license, MSB Human Body must minimize because the HP DeskJet Status Monitor software begins running. MSB Human Body is still running, but it has been minimized and moved to the taskbar.
To work around this problem, use either of the two methods outlined below.
Method 1: Maximize MSB Human Body
- Locate the taskbar; it is the strip that contains the START button and is usually found running across the bottom of the your Windows 95 desktop.
- Locate the MSB HUMAN BODY button on the taskbar and click it once to activate it.
- The MSB Human Body program should now be running at normal size on your desktop. You will need to repeat these steps each time you want to print from the driver's license screen.
Method 2: Remove the HP DeskJet Status Monitor
- Use the right mouse button to click the taskbar and then click Properties on the menu that appears.
- On the Start Menu Programs tab, click the Remove button.
- Click the plus sign (+) to the left of the Startup folder to expand the branch.
- Select the HP DeskJet Status Monitor shortcut and then click the Remove button.
- Click Close.
- Restart your computer.
With the HP DeskJet Status Monitor disabled, your DeskJet printer will still print, but MSB Human Body will no longer be minimized.
Additional query words: 1.00
Keywords: kbinterop kbprint kbprb kb3rdparty KB169441