Microsoft KB Archive/168931
Article ID: 168931
Article Last Modified on 11/1/2006
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 3.5
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 3.51
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Developer Edition
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 3.5
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 3.51
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q168931
When you are running Windows NT 4.0 Setup from the three boot floppy disks, you may receive the following error message on the third disk when Setup performs a check of your hard disks:
where <X> is C: or D: depending on your configuration.
This occurs if Autochk.exe cannot check the drive or cannot be loaded. Most likely, Windows NT Setup detected a CD-ROM drive but could not read from it. Because this is not a fatal error, you can continue, but you may have problems copying the files from your CD-ROM drive. This can also lead you to believe that your hard disk is damaged, but may be just a bad CD- ROM or failing CD-ROM drive or controller.
If the message occurs because of a CD-ROM that cannot be read, try the following steps to work around the problem:
- For a drive using the FAT file system, copy the I386 folder to the hard disk and then install from the hard disk using the WINNT /B command.
- For a drive using the NTFS file system, try replacing the CD-ROM, the CD-ROM drive, or the CD-ROM controller.
Additional query words: Autochk autocheck
Keywords: kberrmsg kbfaq kbsetup KB168931