Microsoft KB Archive/168622
Article ID: 168622
Article Last Modified on 1/19/2007
- Microsoft Outlook 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q168622
If you create a Microsoft Outlook 97 form that contains an empty user defined Date/Time field, the field prints and appears in Print Preview with the date, 1/1/4501.
To prevent the date 1/1/4501 from printing, you must enter a valid date in the user-defined field.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Microsoft Outlook 97 for Windows. This problem was corrected in Microsoft Outlook 97 version 8.02 for Windows.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Start Outlook.
- On the File menu, point to New and click Mail Message to open a new mail message.
- On Tools menu, click Design Outlook Form.
- On the Field Chooser, click New.
- In the Name box, type User Date Field. In the Type list, click to select Date/Time and click OK.
- Drag the User Date Field to the message form. You may need to resize existing form controls to make room for the new field.
- On the Tools menu, click Design Outlook Form to exit the form design mode. The User Date Field should show the value of None.
- On the File menu, click Print or Print Preview.
The User Date field prints and previews with the value 1/1/4501.
Keywords: kbbug KB168622