Microsoft KB Archive/168582
Article ID: 168582
Article Last Modified on 10/19/2000
- Microsoft Excel 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q168582
When you create a chart in Microsoft Excel 97, the chart may be distorted or unreadable.
This problem occurs if the following conditions are true:
- You upgrade Microsoft Excel 7.0 to Microsoft Excel 97. -and-
- In step 1 of the Chart Wizard, you click the Custom Types tab, click User-defined, and then click MS Excel 4.0. -and-
- In step 3 of the Chart Wizard, you add titles for the chart, the category (x) axis, and the value (y) axis.
To work around this problem, create the chart without the titles, and then add the titles to the chart after you create the chart.
To add titles to a chart after you create it, use the following steps:
- Click the chart.
- On the Chart Menu, click Chart Options.
- Click the Titles tab.
- Type the text in the boxes for Chart Title, Category (X) Axis, and Value (Y) Axis.
- Click OK.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in the Microsoft products listed at the beginning of this article.
Additional query words: XL97
Keywords: kbbug kbchart KB168582