Microsoft KB Archive/108076
Article ID: 108076
Article Last Modified on 11/5/1999
- Microsoft Windows for Workgroups 3.11
This article was previously published under Q108076
When the 3Com Etherlink 16 network adapter card is set to Turbo, the network card may not function correctly with Windows for Workgroups 3.11.
To work around this problem, use the 3Com Etherlink 16 network adapter card diagnostics setup utility to reset the data mode on the network adapter card to Standard.
To change this setting, use the following steps:
- Place the Etherdisk configuration disk in your floppy disk drive.
- Type the following
- Type menu and press ENTER. From this menu, choose Diagnostics Program.
- Select "Run Diagnostic and Configuration Program" (number 1).
- Select Set Configuration and press ENTER.
- Press Y to change the configuration settings.
- Scroll down to Data Mode and press ENTER.
- Select Standard and press ENTER, then press ENTER again to save the new settings.
- Press any key other than ENTER to return to the main menu.
Further questions about these steps should be directed to 3Com Corporation Technical Support.
The 3Com Etherlink 16 network adapter card is manufactured by 3Com, a vendor independent of Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.
"3Com Etherlink 16 Adapter Guide" (3Com part number 6847-01)
Additional query words: 3.11 3 three com 3C507 settings 3rdparty