Microsoft KB Archive/107989
Works: Transferring Files Between Works and Excel
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Excel for Windows, versions 4.0, 5.0
- Microsoft Works for Windows, versions 3.0, 4.0, 4.0a, 4.5, 4.5a
Works version 3.0 for Windows and Works versions 4.0, 4.5, and 4.5a for Windows 95 spreadsheet files need to be saved in the Excel format to be used in Excel versions 4.0 or 5.0 for Windows.
Transferring Files from Works for Windows to Excel
- In Works, open the file you want to convert to Excel.
- From the File menu, click Save As.
- In the Save File As Type box, select Excel 4.0/5.0 SS in Works 3.0 or select Excel SS in Works for Windows 95.
- In the Directories list box, select the directory where you want to save the Excel file and click OK.
The file can now be opened in Excel for Windows.
Transferring Files from Excel to Works for Windows
Excel version 4.0 and 5.0 files can be opened in Works version 3.0 for Windows and Works for Windows 95 without modification. Note that features not available in Works will not transfer from Excel.
Additional query words: 3.00 4.00 4.00a 4.50 4.50a 5.00 95 ss w_excel transfer converting transfers w_works interop
Keywords : kbinterop kbimu
Version : WINDOWS:3.0,4.0,4.0a,4.5,4.5a,5.0
Platform : WINDOWS
Issue type : kbinfo
Last Reviewed: October 8, 1999