Microsoft KB Archive/107817
Article ID: 107817
Article Last Modified on 12/2/1999
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.2 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q107817
When you run the MS-DOS 6.2 Setup, you may receive the following error message:
This error may occur even when there is enough disk space available.
This error message can appear if any of the following conditions exist:
- Delete Sentry is running.
- The actual compression ratio (ACR) does not equal the estimated compression ratio (ECR) for DoubleSpace.
- The beginning and ending signatures of the compressed volume file for a compressed drive need to be rewritten.
To work around this problem, do the following:
- Unload Delete Sentry and purge the SENTRY directory. To determine the status of Delete Sentry, type the following at the MS-DOS command prompt:
- In the DoubleSpace program, set the ECR to equal the ACR. To do this, type dblspace at the MS-DOS command prompt. Select the Drive menu by pressing ALT+D and then select the Change Ratio option. Change the ECR to the same value as ACR and press OK.
- Change the size of the host drive to force DoubleSpace to rewrite the beginning and ending signatures of the compressed volume file. To do this, type dblspace at the MS-DOS command prompt. Select the Drive menu by pressing ALT+D and then select the Change Size option. Reduce the free disk space by about 0.5 megabyte and press OK.
- Run MS-DOS 6.2 Setup again.
Additional query words: 6.20 SETUP TSHOOT CVF