Microsoft KB Archive/107655
Article ID: 107655
Article Last Modified on 8/15/2005
- Microsoft Creative Writer 1.1a
- Microsoft Creative Writer 2.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Creative Writer 1.1 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q107655
You may find that borders do not print, and that only your text and/or graphics appear on the printout. This occurs if you are using the Dell VGA 640 x 480 or 800 x 600 256-color video drivers and are printing to a PostScript printer. The problem does not occur if you either switch to the standard VGA driver or print to a non-PostScript printer.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Creative Writer versions 1.0, 1.1 and 1.1a. We are researching this problem and will post new information here in the Microsoft Knowledge Base as it becomes available.
To correct this problem, do one of the following:
- If available, obtain a newer version of the Dell 256-color video driver you are using. The problem may be corrected in newer versions of the drivers.
- Install another 256-color driver supported by your video card, if available.
- Install the standard Windows VGA video driver.
- Print to a non-PostScript printer.
After changing video drivers, restart Windows and try printing the document again.
For more information on Dell video drivers, contact Dell Computer Corporation's technical support department at (800) 624-9896.
Additional query words: missing gone not printed disappear blank empty frame edge kids win mskids mczee