Microsoft KB Archive/107581
Article ID: 107581
Article Last Modified on 10/9/1999
- Microsoft Windows for Workgroups 3.11
This article was previously published under Q107581
The following article contains information on the use of Windows for Workgroups with third-party products or configurations that have not been tested and are not supported by Microsoft.
If the steps or procedures described in this article do not function properly, contact the manufacturer of the third-party product for more information or use a supported configuration.
If you install Windows for Workgroups 3.11 using the SETUP /N command on a workstation without a hard disk (a "diskless" workstation), and you then run a NET USE command in a Windows for Workgroups virtual machine (VM), all Novell NetWare drive mappings, all Windows for Workgroups drive connections, and all Windows for Workgroups printer connections are displayed (in that order).
On a computer with a hard disk drive and a SETUP /N configuration (or a local installation of Windows for Workgroups with Novell NetWare), a NET USE command in a Windows for Workgroups VM displays only the existing Windows for Workgroups drive and printer connections.
However, all network connections (both NetWare mappings and Windows for Workgroups connections) are displayed in a Windows for Workgroups VM if the following conditions are true:
- You have a SETUP /N configuration on a diskless NetWare workstation as a second network under Windows for Workgroups.
- All startup files are on a boot disk image.
- All startup files are on the network.
- The Windows directory is located on the network.
- All Windows files are on the network.
- All above directories and files must be in the NetWare search paths.
Additional query words: 3.11 environment map maproot net view 3rdparty