Microsoft KB Archive/107530
Article ID: 107530
Article Last Modified on 10/6/2003
- Microsoft Works 2.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Works 2.0a
- Microsoft Works 3.0 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q107530
If you set line spacing before or after a paragraph to greater than zero, any borders around these paragraphs will have gaps in the lines.
Insert paragraph marks by pressing your ENTER key to add space before or after your paragraphs.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Works for Windows versions 2.0, 2.0a, and 3.0. We are researching this problem and will post new information here in the Microsoft Knowledge Base as it becomes available.
Steps to Reproduce Problem
- Highlight several paragraphs in a document.
- In Works 3.0, choose Paragraph from the Format menu.
In Works 2.x, choose Indents & Spacing from the Format menu.
- In Works 3.0, choose the Breaks And Spacing tab.
- In Works 3.0, type 1 in the Before Paragraphs box and/or the After Paragraphs box.
In Works 2.x, type 1 in the Space Before Paragraphs box and/or the Space After Paragraphs box.
- Choose OK.
- With the same paragraphs still highlighted, choose Border from the Format menu.
- Select the Outline box and choose OK.
Note the gaps in the border around the paragraphs.
Additional query words: 2 3 spaces break line between inbetween