Microsoft KB Archive/106519
Installing Word 6.0 for Windows over Multimedia Word
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Word for Windows, versions 6.0, 6.0a, 6.0c
- Microsoft Windows 3.1
You can install Word 6.0 for Windows directly over Word version 2.x-CD for Windows and Bookshelf, Multimedia Edition or Video and Sound Edition, with all Bookshelf integration functionality intact.
After installation, you must manually add the Bookshelf button (which was previously available on the Word 2.x toolbar) to one of the Word 6.0 toolbars.
To upgrade Word for Windows and Bookshelf to Word 6.0 for Windows:
- Start the Word 6.0 for Windows Setup program and install Word into the same directory on your hard disk where Word 2.x for Windows was originally installed. Continue through the entire Setup program until completed.
- Start Word 6.0 for Windows. At this point, the "Quote of the Day" feature may displayed. If so, choose the OK button to close the "Quote of the Day" window.
- From the Tools menu, choose Customize.
- Select the Toolbars tab.
- From the Categories list, select Macros.
- From the Macros list, select "wabSwitchToBookshelf" and drag it to a desired location on any toolbar. Once you drop it, a window will appear allowing the selection of a button image.
- Highlight the Bookshelf button image (fourth row, sixth column).
- Choose the Assign button.
- Choose the Close button.
Additional query words: 6.0 mmwinword 2.0a-CD 2.0c word6 winword
Keywords : kbsetup
Issue type :
Last Reviewed: November 4, 2000