Microsoft KB Archive/106292
ACC1x: Mouse Remains I-beam Over Text Box Scroll Bar
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Access versions 1.0, 1.1
The mouse pointer remains an I-beam instead of an arrow when the Database window has the focus and you place the pointer over the scroll bar of a multiline text box on a pop-up form.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Microsoft Access versions 1.0 and 1.1. This problem no longer occurs in Microsoft Access version 2.0.
Steps to Reproduce Problem
- Start Microsoft Access and open the sample database Northwind Traders (NWIND.MDB).
- Open the Customers form in Design view.
- Change the ScrollBars property of the address text box to Vertical.
- From the View menu, choose Form.
- Select the address text box.
- Select the Database window.
- Move the mouse pointer over the vertical scroll bar of the address text box.
Note that the cursor remains an I-beam instead of turning to an arrow.
- Close Microsoft Access without saving the changes to NWIND.MDB.
Additional query words: UI
Keywords : kbusage
Issue type : kbbug
Last Reviewed: November 4, 2000