Microsoft KB Archive/105969
Mac Works 3.0: Right Margin Arrow in Report Off the Screen
PSS ID Number: Q105969 Article last modified on 10-22-1998
====================================================================== 3.00 MACINTOSH kbprint
|The information in this article applies to:|
|- Microsoft Works for the Macintosh, version 3.0|
When you create a report in the Database module of Microsoft Works, the right margin marker may sometimes be off the viewable area of the screen. This occurs when the page margins and paper size are set so that the ruler that is displayed extends past the right side of the window display.
Normally, there is a scroll bar on the bottom of the view window, and you can use the scroll bar to access the right margin marker. However, the scroll bar will only scroll over as far as the rightmost field in a database. This means that sometimes you do not have access to the right margin marker, and cannot manually change the placement of the right indent.
To work around this problem, use one of the following workarounds:
- Determine where you want the right margin to be on the report. You can do this by looking at the ruler at the top of the screen. If you want all the fields to print, the proper right margin would be after the last field.
- Under the File menu, choose Page Setup. Change your page size and print margins to fit where you wanted your right margin to be.
These steps above will place the right margin marker to wherever you have set your right margin. You can then place the right margin marker wherever you need it.
- Extend the field width of the rightmost field so that the field width goes past the right indent.
- Move the right margin marker to the desired position.
- Reduce the field width of the rightmost field to its former position.
KBCategory: kbprint KBSubcategory: macworkskb
Additional reference words: 3.00 mac mwksdb mwksprint mwksprb report right margin arrow
====================================================================== Keywords : kbprint Version : 3.0 Platform : MACINTOSH Issue type : kbinfo ============================================================================= Copyright Microsoft Corporation 1998.