Microsoft KB Archive/105778
Macro Recorder Turns Off After Tools Protect Document
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Word for Windows, version 6.0
If you turn on the macro recorder and then protect your document for forms using the following steps, Word for Windows automatically stops the macro recorder:
- From the Tools menu, choose Macro.
- Type a name in the Macro Name box and then choose the Record button.
- Choose OK in the Record Macro dialog box.
- From the Tools menu, choose Protect Document.
- Select the Forms option and then choose OK. Notice that the Macro Record toolbar disappears, and REC on the status bar turns off.
NOTE: Word does not turn off the macro recorder if you protect your document for revisions or annotations.
Word turns off the macro recorder because in a document protected for forms, the Macro command on the Tools menu is unavailable. No message appears to notify you that the macro recorder is no longer running. Kbcategory: kbusage kbmacro
Additional query words: 6.0 protected stops quits word6 winword stopped toolsprotectunprotectdocument
Issue type :
Last Reviewed: November 4, 2000