Microsoft KB Archive/105521
ACC1x: Show All Records Does Not Work in Subforms
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Access versions 1.0, 1.1
If you choose Show All Records while entering data in a subform, records in the main form will be shown instead of records in the subform.
Microsoft Access applies the Show All Records command to the main form instead of the subform.
Close and then reopen the main form to show the records in the subform.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Microsoft Access versions 1.0 and 1.1. This problem no longer occurs in Microsoft Access version 2.0.
Steps to Reproduce Problem
- Open the sample database NWIND.MDB.
- Open the Orders form.
- Click the Prod ID field on the subform.
- From the Records menu, choose Data Entry. The existing subform records will disappear as they should, and a blank new subform record will be selected.
- From the Records menu, choose Show All Records.
The Bill To box on the main form will be selected, and the subform records will not be displayed as they should.
Keywords : kbusage
Issue type : kbbug
Last Reviewed: November 4, 2000