Microsoft KB Archive/105024
COMPAQ ProSignia Hangs While Scanning For NCR
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Windows NT Server version 3.1
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation version 3.1
- Microsoft Windows NT Advanced Server, version 3.1
When you run Setup for Windows NT from CD-ROM discs or floppy disks on a COMPAQ ProSignia, text-mode setup hangs while scanning for SCSI adapters. There may also be a noticeable delay of about one and a half minutes during the SCSI detection.
The disk drive firmware of newer COMPAQ ProSignia computers appear to cause this problem.
The delay is a separate problem under investigation, which still occurs when the fix below is applied.
A fixed SCSI driver is included for this particular problem on the retail CD. To use it, perform the following steps:
NOTE: Read the STATUS section below before proceeding.
- Copy the file DRIVER.SYS from the directory <cd drive>:\DRVLIB\MISC\DRIVER\X86\ to NCRC710.SYS on the install media. For CD setup, this is the CD startup floppy, or to Disk 1 of the 1.44MB floppy disks, or to both Disk 1 and Disk 2 of the 1.2MB floppy disks.
- Complete text-mode Setup using the modified media.
- Restart MS-DOS.
- Type ATTRIB -h -s -r C:\NTBOOTDD.SYS.
- Copy the driver to C:\NTBOOTDD.SYS and to %SystemRoot%\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\NCRC710.SYS
- Restart your computer and continue with graphical-mode Setup.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Windows NT and Windows NT Advanced Server version 3.1. This problem was corrected in the latest U.S. Service Pack for Windows NT and Windows NT Advanced Server version 3.1. For information on obtaining the Service Pack, query on the following word in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Additional query words: prodnt compaq prosignia ncr ncrc710 53c710 ncr53c710
Keywords : kbhw
Issue type :
Technology : kbWinNTsearch kbWinNTWsearch kbWinNTW310 kbWinNTSsearch kbWinNTS310 kbWinNTAdvSerSearch kbWinNTAdvServ310 kbWinNTS310xsearch kbWinNT310xSearch kbWinNTW310Search
Last Reviewed: October 27, 2000