Microsoft KB Archive/104988
Article ID: 104988
Article Last Modified on 11/25/1999
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.2 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q104988
If MS-DOS 6.2 Step-Up Setup is interrupted before the update is finished, restart your computer with your Uninstall disk in drive A, uninstall MS-DOS 6.2, and then run Step-Up Setup again.
If your Uninstall disk is unavailable for some reason, you can use the following procedure to work around this problem:
- Copy all files from the C:\OLD_DOS.1 directory to your original MS-DOS directory (typically C:\DOS).
- Start (boot) your computer from an MS-DOS 6.0 floppy disk.
- Use the SYS program to transfer the MS-DOS 6.0 system files to drive C (or the host drive for C if C is compressed).
- Run MS-DOS 6.2 Step-Up Setup again.
If Step-Up cannot run because it does not recognize your MS-DOS 6.0 files, you may have to install MS-DOS 6.0 before you run Step-Up again. For more information, see section 4 of the MS-DOS 6.2 Step-Up README.NOW file.
Additional query words: 6.20 stepup