Microsoft KB Archive/104932
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Word for MS-DOS, version 6.0
In the Word for MS-DOS File Printer Setup dialog box, when you select the Hewlett-Packard (HP) DeskJet 500, 500c, or Portable (HPDJ1.PRD or HPDJ3.PRD) printer driver and also select Download Fonts in the Printer Name list, no internal printer font except Courier is available in Word.
The Download Fonts Printer Model setting does not support any internal printer fonts except Courier.
You can use the MakePRD utility to modify the DeskJet 500, 500c, or Portable printer driver so it supports internal printer fonts (Letter Gothic and CGTimes) and download fonts at the same time. Use the following instructions to modify the HPDJ1.PRD or HPDJ3.PRD files using MakePRD:
- Run the MakePRD utility (MAKEPRD.EXE) to create a text file from the HPDJ1.PRD or HPDJ3 printer driver. For instructions on using MakePRD, see Appendix D in "Getting Started and Printer Information".
- Open the PRD text file in Word.
Locate the following string in the PRD text file:
- Several lines above the "Download Fonts" line, the following line
FontsNotSupported:3 4 5 16 18 56 57 58 59
Delete the numbers 5 and 16 from this line so it appears as follows:
FontsNotSupported:3 4 18 56 57 58 59
- Save the file in Text Only format.
- Run MakePRD again and then convert the text file back to a printer driver.
"Getting Started and Printer Information," version 6.0, Appendix D
Additional query words: 6.00 hpdj
Keywords : kbprint
Issue type :
Last Reviewed: November 4, 2000