Microsoft KB Archive/104629
No Sound in Animations in Bookshelf PSS ID Number: Q104629 Article last modified on 09-28-1993 PSS database name: MMTitles
1991 1992 1993
|The information in this article applies to:|
|- Microsoft Bookshelf for Windows, 1991, 1992, and 1993 editions|
Narrated animations may play without sound if you are using a machine with an NEC CD-ROM drive.
NEC CD-ROM drives can be configured for use with either SCSI1 or SCSI2 adapters. For Bookshelf to run correctly, this setting must be correctly set on the CD-ROM drive. If it is not, problems with CD-ROM applications may occur.
To confirm that the CD-ROM drive is not configured for the correct SCSI adapter, perform the following steps:
- From an MS-DOS prompt, change the drive to the CD-ROM.
- Using the MS-DOS DIR command, obtain a directory listing of the drive and note the files and directories listed in the root directory.
- Change the directory to one of the subdirectories on the CD-ROM. Obtain another directory listing. If the CD-ROM is not configured correctly, the directory listing will show the root directory and not the contents of the subdirectory.
Consult your CD-ROM drive’s installation or user’s guide for more information about configuring for use with SCSI1 or SCSI2 adapters. If your CD-ROM drive came with the Multimedia Upgrade Kit, contact NEC or Media Vision:
- NEC Technologies Inc. (800) 832-4636 general information
- NEC Technologies Inc. (708) 860-9500 general information
- NEC Technologies Inc. (800) 388-8888 service and support
- Media Vision (510) 770-9905 general information
Additional reference words: 1992 1993 multi media multimedia multi-media stop error stops stopped hang hung narration narrated spoken sections voice hear
Copyright Microsoft Corporation 1993.