Microsoft KB Archive/104463
Article ID: 104463
Article Last Modified on 11/17/2003
- Microsoft FoxPro 2.0
- Microsoft FoxPro 2.5b for MS-DOS
- Microsoft FoxPro 2.5a
This article was previously published under Q104463
After you have installed the MS-DOS 6.0 upgrade, the Extended (32-bit) version of FoxPro (FOXPROX.EXE) may not load or may go into demand paging.
This behavior occurs because the upgrade process changes the AUTOEXEC.BAT and CONFIG.SYS files.
To resolve memory-related problems after the MS-DOS 6.0 upgrade is complete, check the following items:
- If SMARTDRV.EXE is loaded in the AUTOEXEC.BAT file, it may reduce the amount of available memory on a "minimum requirement" configuration.
- In the CONFIG.SYS file, the FILES statement is often lower than it was earlier.
- In the CONFIG.SYS file, the BUFFERS statement is modified or removed. It may need to be set in the 20-40 range.
- The DEVICE = EMM386.EXE line includes HIGHSCAN option. (Remove if you are having problems.)
- The DEVICE = EMM386.EXE RAM or NOEMS is changed from prior setting.
- The DEVICE = EMM386.EXE may require NOVCPI option.
Additional query words: FoxDos