Microsoft KB Archive/104173
MODE Command May Not Work Properly When CMD is Minimized
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Windows NT Server version 3.1
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation version 3.1
- Microsoft Windows NT Advanced Server, version 3.1
In Windows NT, if you run a batch or command file and run a MODE command while the batch file is running minimized, the window size of the Command Prompt (CMD.EXE) may not change and the full screen prompt may not get the proper settings.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Windows NT version 3.1 and Windows NT Advanced Server version 3.1. We are researching this problem and will post new information here in the Microsoft Knowledge Base as it becomes available.
Steps to Reproduce Problem
Create the following batch file and save it as TEST.BAT:
@echo off rem The following should set the screen to 50 lines mode con lines=50 pause cmd
- In Program Manager, create an icon for TEST.BAT file and select the Run Minimized option.
- Double-click the icon to start the Command Prompt and the screen settings may not be correct.
Additional query words: prodnt
Keywords : kbtool
Issue type :
Technology : kbWinNTsearch kbWinNTWsearch kbWinNTW310 kbWinNTSsearch kbWinNTS310 kbWinNTAdvSerSearch kbWinNTAdvServ310 kbWinNTS310xsearch kbWinNT310xSearch kbWinNTW310Search
Last Reviewed: October 27, 2000