Microsoft KB Archive/104159
Windows NT Backup May Lose Focus on Highlighted Files
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Windows NT Server version 3.1
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation version 3.1
- Microsoft Windows NT Advanced Server, version 3.1
In the Windows NT Backup program, if you highlight multiple files and then from the View menu, switch the All File Details option on and then off, some of the previously selected files may no longer be highlighted.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Windows NT version 3.1 and Windows NT Advanced Server version 3.1. We are researching this problem and will post new information here in the Microsoft Knowledge Base as it becomes available.
Steps to Reproduce Problem
- Open the Backup program from the Administrative Tools group.
- Select a drive letter.
- Select a directory, such as WINNT.
- Highlight multiple files (8 to 10 files will be fine).
- From the View menu, choose All File Details.
Some of the files you had highlighted are no longer highlighted. Eventually, if you switch the All File Details option off and on enough times, no files will remain highlighted.
Additional query words: prodnt
Keywords : kbtool
Issue type :
Technology : kbWinNTsearch kbWinNTWsearch kbWinNTW310 kbWinNTSsearch kbWinNTS310 kbWinNTAdvSerSearch kbWinNTAdvServ310 kbWinNTS310xsearch kbWinNT310xSearch kbWinNTW310Search
Last Reviewed: October 27, 2000