Microsoft KB Archive/104034
Article ID: 104034
Article Last Modified on 10/10/2003
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.2 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q104034
If you modify the DBLSPACE.INI file with the DBLSPACE /SWITCHES command in MS-DOS 6.2 and then uninstall 6.2 and use MS-DOS 6.0, you receive one of the following error messages when you boot your computer:
These switches are not valid for the MS-DOS 6.0 DBLSPACE.INI file.
To work around this problem, edit the DBLSPACE.INI file and then add the switches to the CONFIG.SYS file. For example:
Use the ATTRIB program to clear the DBLSPACE.INI file attributes. For example:
attrib -r -h -s h:\dblspace.ini
To determine which drive is your host drive, type dblspace /list at the MS-DOS command prompt and then press ENTER.
- Using MS-DOS Editor, edit the DBLSPACE.INI file and remove the SWITCHES entries.
- Save the DBLSPACE.INI file.
- Edit the CONFIG.SYS file on drive C and add the SWITCHES entries.
- Save the CONFIG.SYS file and exit MS-DOS Editor.
Additional query words: 6.20