Microsoft KB Archive/103967
Information: What’s New in WordPerfect 6.0 for DOS
PSS ID Number: Q103967 Article last modified on 11-01-1994
====================================================================== 2.00 2.00a 2.00a-CD 2.00b 2.00c WINDOWS kbinterop
|The information in this article applies to:|
|- Microsoft Word for Windows, versions 2.0, 2.0a, 2.0a-CD, 2.0b, 2.0c|
This article summarizes the new and improved features of WordPerfect 6.0 for DOS. This is not an exhaustive list; it only attempts to list major features. For more information about WordPerfect 6.0 for DOS, call WordPerfect Corporation at (800) 228-9038.
WordPerfect 6.0 for DOS requires MS-DOS version 3.1 or later to function properly.
WordPerfect 6.0 for DOS has the following new features:
- The file format differs from the file format of WordPerfect 5.0 and 5.1 for DOS and WordPerfect 5.1 and 5.2 for Windows.
- File Manager: WordPerfect 6.0 for DOS has the same QuickList and QuickFinder found in WordPerfect for Windows.
- Button Bars: This feature is similar to the toolbar in Word for Windows. Use the Button Bar to perform specific tasks quickly, such as creating tables or editing outlines. See the WordPerfect README.WP file for more information.
- Using the Special Codes option, you can more easily insert Hard Tab codes, Hard Spaces, and Hyphenation codes into your document.
- Text, Graphic, and Page views provide a WYSIWYG working environment in WordPerfect for DOS that resembles the Microsoft Windows operating system interface.
- Scalable fonts.
- You can open up to nine documents at the same time.
- Ninety-eight spreadsheet functions.
- Interactive Help.
- Send a fax or send email from within a document.
- Expand or collapse subsections of an outline.
- Image-editing tools for such functions as contoured text-wrapping of illustrations.
- Macro commands that you can edit like document text.
The WordPerfect products included here are manufactured by WordPerfect, Inc., a vendor independent of Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding these products’ performance or reliability.
“PC Computing,” August 1993, pages 108-122
“WordPerfect Information Sheet”
KBCategory: kbinterop KBSubCategory: Additional reference words: 2.00 2.00a 2.00a-CD 2.00b 2.00c ms-dos msdos textconv appsconv compare comparison compares differences functionality ====================================================================== ============================================================================= Copyright Microsoft Corporation 1994.