Microsoft KB Archive/103550
Article ID: 103550
Article Last Modified on 11/21/1999
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.2 Standard Edition
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.21 Standard Edition
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.22 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q103550
MS-DOS 6.2 Upgrade Setup replaces the MEMMAKER.INF file in the directory that contains your MS-DOS files (typically C:\DOS).
If you have customized your MEMMAKER.INF file, your changes are lost when you run MS-DOS 6.2 Upgrade Setup.
To work around this problem, do one of the following:
- Copy your old MEMMAKER.INF file from the OLD_DOS.1 directory. For example, type copy c:\old_dos.1\memmaker.inf c:\dos at the MS-DOS command prompt and then press ENTER. -or-
- Modify the new MEMMAKER.INF file.
NOTE: The new MEMMAKER.INF file contains entries that were not included in MS-DOS 6. For more information, read the comments in the new MEMMAKER.INF file. To do this, type edit c:\dos\memmaker.inf at the MS-DOS command prompt and then press ENTER.
Additional query words: 6.22 6.20