Microsoft KB Archive/103308
Article ID: 103308
Article Last Modified on 12/2/2002
- Microsoft Windows Media Player 8.01
This article was previously published under Q103308
When you attempt to use Media Player to play a Sound clip (.wav file) or MIDI Sequencer clip (.mid file or .rmi file), you may receive the following error message:
This behavior can occur if the driver for the sound card is missing or damaged.
To resolve this issue, use the appropriate method for your version of Microsoft Windows to remove and reinstall the sound card drivers.
To remove and reinstall sound drivers in Windows 95/98, please refer to your Windows 95/98 printed documentation or online Help file, or see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
133291 Windows 95: How to Install or Change an Audio Driver
To remove and reinstall sound drivers in Windows 3.1x, follow these steps:
- Double-click the Main group in Program Manager.
- Double-click Control Panel.
- Double-click Drivers.
- If sound card drivers are not installed, proceed to the next step. If sound card drivers are installed, remove them. To do so, follow these steps:
- Click Remove
- When you are prompted to restart Windows, do so.
- Repeat steps 1-4.
- Click Add.
- Click Unlisted Or Updated Driver, and then click OK.
- Insert the driver installation disk provided by your sound card manufacturer, and then click OK.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to finish installing the sound drivers. For information on how to configure the drivers, please see the printed documentation for your sound card or contact your sound card manufacturer.
Additional query words: 3.10 4.00 multi media multimedia multi-media drivers kbmm mmtitles sound
Keywords: kberrmsg kbenv kbprb kbsound KB103308