Microsoft KB Archive/103073
Article ID: 103073
Article Last Modified on 11/1/2006
- Microsoft Windows NT Advanced Server 3.1
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 3.1
This article was previously published under Q103073
WARNING: Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious, system-wide problems that may require you to reinstall Windows NT to correct them. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use this tool at your own risk.
The Windows NT File Transfer Protocol (FTP) Server offers the ability to create custom greeting and exit messages when users connect to or disconnect from the FTP Server.
To add a custom greeting or exit message, do the following:
- Open the Registry Editor (REGEDT32.EXE).
Use the following path:
- From the Edit menu, choose Add Value to create either of the following entries:
- Set the Data Type of both values to REG_MULTI_SZ.
- Enter any desired messages in the Data dialog box.
Once these entries are created, any users connecting to the Windows NT FTP Server will see the messages.
Additional query words: prodnt
Keywords: kbnetwork KB103073