Microsoft KB Archive/102638
Publisher Err Msg: Newsletter Could Not Run WordArt Program… PSS ID Number: Q102638 Article last modified on 08-20-1993 PSS database name: W_MSPub
|The information in this article applies to:|
|- Microsoft Publisher version 2.0|
When you create a newsletter with the Newsletter PageWizard design assistant, the following error message will be generated if quotation marks are used in the publication title when the PageWizard asks you to enter the title:
Newsletter could not run the WordArt Program and will be unable to add the WordArt text it needs to.
The Newsletter PageWizard will then run, creating everything else in the newsletter, with the exception of the title WordArt frame. A blank object-linking-and-embedding (OLE) frame will be created instead.
After the PageWizard is run, you can add your title (with quotation marks) using the following steps:
- Select the OLE blank frame the PageWizard leaves in place of a title.
- From the Edit menu, choose Insert Object.
- From the list of possible object types, choose Microsoft WordArt 2.0. WordArt will now start.
- Type the name of your publication, including quotation marks. You can apply any WordArt effects you desire.
- Click outside the WordArt frame to end the WordArt editing session.
How to Avoid This Problem
NOTE: To avoid this problem, don’t use quotation marks when the PageWizard asks you to enter the publication name. After the PageWizard is done, double-click the title and edit the text in the WordArt object to include quotation marks.
Microsoft is researching this problem and will post new information here in the Microsoft Knowledge Base as it becomes available.
Additional reference words: 2.0 mspub pub20 win31 wordart newsletter word art w_wordart quote marks quotes banner heading
Copyright Microsoft Corporation 1993.