Microsoft KB Archive/102374
Article ID: 102374
Article Last Modified on 9/30/2003
- Microsoft LAN Manager 2.0a
- Microsoft LAN Manager 2.2 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q102374
Some users have reported problems with IBM ValuePoints (running LAN Manager 2.2) until making these changes:
- Changed bus speed from 8 to BUS.
- Manually reset the "system" value. The ValuePoint BIOS was causing HIMEM.SYS to see "system = PS/2." This value had to be reset to "system = /machine:1."
- Used HIMEM.SYS and EMM386.EXE from Win 3.1.
- Added MAXFRAMESIZE=4096 to PROTOCOL.INI file in LANMAN.DOS.
Additional query words: 2.20