Microsoft KB Archive/102344
Article ID: 102344
Article Last Modified on 7/18/2007
This article was previously published under Q102344
This article provides answers to frequently asked questions about the support options available to customers using Microsoft products.
NOTE: Microsoft support services are subject to Microsoft's prices, terms, and conditions that are in place at the time the service is used.
- Q. Where can I obtain presale information (such as pricing, upgrade policies, release dates, and so forth) for Microsoft products?
A. Call Microsoft Consumer Sales at (800) 426-9400. If you are outside the United States, contact the Microsoft subsidiary for your area. To locate your subsidiary, see the Microsoft World Wide Offices Web site at:
- Q. How can I get the latest printer driver for my printer?
A. Check with the manufacturer of the printer driver for the latest version. Other places you can check include the Microsoft Download Center (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/Search.aspx) and the Microsoft FTP site (ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/softlib).
- Q. Where can I go for product support for Microsoft products?
A. You can get additional product support from the following sources:
- Microsoft Product Support Services (PSS). You can reach Microsoft Product Support Services between 6:00 A.M. and 6:00 P.M. Pacific time, Monday through Friday. To obtain the support phone number for your product, refer to your product literature or call (800) 426-9400 and select option 1. You may also get support phone numbers and options information from the following Microsoft web site:
- Q. If I call for support or post a message on the internet, what information should I include?
A. When you call or post a message, you should be at your computer and have the appropriate product documentation at hand. Be prepared to give the following information:
- The version number of Microsoft product you are using.
- The type of hardware you are using, including network hardware if applicable, and the operating environment that you are using.
- The contents of your Config.sys and Autoexec.bat files and network-configuration files, if any.
- The exact wording of any messages that appeared on your screen.
- A description of what happened and what you were doing when the problem occurred.
- The smallest number of steps to reproduce the problem.
- The steps you have already taken to correct the problem.
- Q. I have a hearing impairment. Where can I get additional product support on Microsoft products?
A. Microsoft Product Support Services provides support to customers who are deaf or hard of hearing. Using a special TDD/TT modem, call (425) 635-4948 between 6:00 A.M. and 6:00 P.M. Pacific time, Monday through Friday.
Keywords: kbenable kbenablehear kbinfo KB102344