Microsoft KB Archive/102072
PRB: Report Writer Fails to Suppress Blank Lines
The information in this article applies to:
The Report Writer in FoxPro for MS-DOS fails to suppress blank lines at the bottom of a page.
Microsoft is researching this problem and will post new information here in the Microsoft Knowledge Base as it becomes available.
Steps to Reproduce Problem
1. Open any available database.
2. Modify the database structure to include a character field. No
information should be placed in that field on any record.
3. Create a report with three detail lines. Place fields containing
data on line one. Lines two and three should contain the blank field.
4. From the Report menu, choose Page Layout, and then choose Options.
Select Suppress Blank Lines.
5. From the Report menu, choose Page Preview. The two empty lines just prior to the page break of page 1 will not be suppressed. Additional pages in the report will exhibit the same symptoms.
Additional reference words: FoxDos 2.00 2.50 2.50a 2.50b KBCategory: kbprg kbprb KBSubcategory:
Last Reviewed: April 17, 1995