Microsoft KB Archive/101361
Article ID: 101361
Article Last Modified on 7/7/2005
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.2 Standard Edition
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.21 Standard Edition
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.22 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows 3.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows 3.0a
- Microsoft Windows 3.1 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows 3.11 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows for Workgroups 3.1
- Microsoft Windows for Workgroups 3.11
This article was previously published under Q101361
When you run the VSafe Manager program (MWAVTSR.EXE) in Windows and the option for Show Icon is not selected, VSafe Manager does not appear in the Task List. (It does appear if Show Icon is selected.)
VSafe Manager is a memory-resident program that allows VSafe messages to be displayed in Windows. If you deselect Show Icon from the Options menu in VSafe Manager, the minimized icon for VSafe Manager is hidden and the program does not appear in the Task List. The Show Icon option is selected by default.
Though VSafe Manager does not appear in the Task List, it is still resident in memory. To regain access to VSafe Manager, choose Run from the File menu in Program Manager and then type mwavtsr.exe.
NOTE: The Task List is a window that displays a list of all currently running applications. To access the Task List, double-click with the mouse anywhere on the desktop or press CTRL+ESC.
Additional query words: 6.22 6.00 6.20 3.10 3.00 3.00a