Microsoft KB Archive/101139
Article ID: 101139
Article Last Modified on 10/30/2006
- Microsoft Mail Client 3.0
This article was previously published under Q101139
When Microsoft Mail for Windows cannot read a mail message from the postoffice, the following message is displayed as the text of the mail message:
This error message is displayed when the text of the mail message (that is, the .MAI file) is either corrupted or missing. If the problem is an isolated case, it was most likely caused by a network problem when the file was written.
If the problem occurs repeatedly, check the following:
- Do all of the .MAI subdirectories exist (MA0-MAF)?
- Does the user have persistent network problems?
- Are old or custom gateway processes running on this postoffice?
- Do all users have sufficient rights for all mail subdirectories?
Additional query words: 3.00 errmsg alert