Microsoft KB Archive/100741
Article ID: 100741
Article Last Modified on 11/16/1999
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.2 Standard Edition
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.21 Standard Edition
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.22 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q100741
If you have an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) version of MS-DOS that uses logical sectoring, you receive the following message if you start your computer with the MS-DOS 6 or 6.2 Upgrade Setup Disk 1 in drive A:
This error message is displayed because MS-DOS Upgrade does not recognize your partitioning scheme.
To work around this problem:
- Restart (boot) your computer from the hard disk, your original OEM MS-DOS disk, or another floppy disk that boots your current version of MS-DOS.
- Run Setup from MS-DOS Upgrade Setup Disk 1.
Setup automatically converts your nonstandard (logical sector) large partition to MS-DOS 5.0, 6.0, or 6.2 compatible large partitions.
Additional query words: 6.22 6.00 6.20 wyse dos 3.3