Microsoft KB Archive/100706
Article ID: 100706
Article Last Modified on 10/30/2006
- Microsoft Mail Gateway to SMTP 2.1
- Microsoft Mail Gateway to SMTP 3.0
This article was previously published under Q100706
Versions 2.1 and 3.0 of Microsoft Mail Gateway to SMTP may display these messages:
- An error at the TCP or IP layer has occurred.
- The SMTP host has gone down.
- The network between the gateway computer and the other host is down.
You can test for these conditions by trying to "telnet" to port 25 of the SMTP router: type the number 25 after the router's IP address. If this test succeeds, the Gateway will run. If it fails, you have to bring the host or network back up, or make configuration changes as needed.
If the error occurs frequently, check the network with a protocol analyzer to determine the exact network problem.
Additional query words: 2.10 3.00 errmsg