Microsoft KB Archive/100622
Article ID: 100622
Article Last Modified on 12/5/2003
- Microsoft MS-DOS 3.1
- Microsoft MS-DOS 3.2 Standard Edition
- Microsoft MS-DOS 3.21 Standard Edition
- Microsoft MS-DOS 3.3 Standard Edition
- Microsoft MS-DOS 3.3a
- Microsoft MS-DOS 4.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft MS-DOS 4.01 Standard Edition
- Microsoft MS-DOS 5.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.2 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q100622
The device driver for Corel optical drives may generate the following error message when restarting a system:
To correct this problem, run the PATCH.EXE program supplied with optical drives by Corel Corporation. PATCH.EXE modifies the IO.SYS file to allow the recognition of a sector size greater than 512 bytes.
According to Corel Technical Support, the PATCH.EXE program executes automatically the first time you install the optical device driver. However, any time you upgrade the MS-DOS version, reformat your hard disk drive, or perform any function that replaces the "patched" IO.SYS file, you must run PATCH.EXE again.
For more information, call Corel Technical Support.
The products included here are manufactured by Corel Corporation, a vendor independent of Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding these products' performance or reliability.
Additional query words: 6.22 system 3rdparty cdrom cd rom 3.0 SCSI 3.00 4.0 4.00 5.0 5.0a 5.00 5.00a 6.00 6.20