Microsoft KB Archive/100287
Office: Installing PowerPoint Using CD-ROM Version 3.0
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Office for the Macintosh, version 3.0
- Microsoft PowerPoint for Macintosh, version 3.0
Microsoft PowerPoint version 3.0, which is included in the Office CD-ROM version 3.0, does not have a PowerPoint Installer Program.
To install PowerPoint version 3.0 from the Office CD:
- Insert the Office CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive.
- Double-click the Microsoft Office CD-ROM icon.
Open the following folders:
Products:Microsoft PowerPoint 3.0:Install
- Drag the "PowerPoint 3.0" folder from the CD-ROM to your hard drive.
- Open the "Fonts-Drag Contents onto System" folder.
- Drag all of the items from the "Fonts-Drag Contents onto System" folder to the "System Folder" on your hard drive.
- Open the "System Folder" on your hard drive.
- Open the "Drag Contents into Extensions" folder on the CD-ROM.
- Drag all the items into the Extensions folder (this folder is located in the "System Folder" on your hard drive).
- From the Special menu, choose Restart.
To create disks that you can use to install PowerPoint, do the following:
- Open the "Compressed Disk Images" folder.
- If you are using 1.4 megabyte (MB) disks, open the "1.4MB" folder. If you do not have 1.4 MB disks, open the "800K" folder.
- Copy the contents of each folder to one disk. Name each disk with the same name as the folder you copy to it.
- Place the Install disk in your disk drive.
- Follow the installation directions found in the "Microsoft PowerPoint Handbook."
Additional query words: setup load
Keywords : kbsetup
Issue type :
Last Reviewed: November 3, 2000