Post by joecool »

Windows Vista Ultimate OEM-Version Package:

joecool

and the Retail-Upgrde Package:

Post by joecool »

Windows Vista Home Premium Retail-Upgrade-Version Package:

Evan

Post by Evan »

Wow, it looks nice. How did you get the pictures? Do you own those copies?

Looks like Microsoft is trying hard this time.

joecool

Post by joecool »

I found them on ebay *gg*

I'm only own a free downloaded Ultimate Retail Copy from Connect.

Namronia

Post by Namronia »

@joecool:

can you make a bigger shot of the backside plz?

___
Donator

Post by ___ »

is there a way to get a dvd sent out (not for free, a replacement) the people that got the free ultimate edition?

joecool

Post by joecool »

___ wrote:is there a way to get a dvd sent out (not for free, a replacement) the people that got the free ultimate edition?
I will try it after Vista is officially released (30. Jan.)
The provided Ultimate Key is a normal Retail Key (FPP), so it must be legit to get a Replacement DVD or CD-Set
----------------------

P.S: the Final Vista-OPK is avaible at MS-OEM-Site

TheWahbinator

Post by TheWahbinator »

If you don't mind me asking, what's the DVD Volume Label? (The name of the DVD as it shows up in My Computer)

joecool

Post by joecool »

LRMCFRE_EN_DVD --> English 32bit Retail (FPP)
LRMCFRE_DE_DVD --> German 32bit Retail (FPP)
LRMCxFRE_EN_DVD --> English 64bit Retail (FPP)
LRMCxFRE_DE_DVD --> German 64bit Retail (FPP)

LRMCOEM_EN_DVD --> English 32bit OEM (SB)
LRMCOEM_DE_DVD --> German 32bit OEM (SB)
LRMCxOEM_EN_DVD --> English 64bit OEM (SB)
LRMCxOEM_DE_DVD --> German 64bit OEM (SB)

___
Donator

Post by ___ »

joecool wrote:
___ wrote:is there a way to get a dvd sent out (not for free, a replacement) the people that got the free ultimate edition?
I will try it after Vista is officially released (30. Jan.)
The provided Ultimate Key is a normal Retail Key (FPP), so it must be legit to get a Replacement DVD or CD-Set
----------------------

P.S: the Final Vista-OPK is avaible at MS-OEM-Site
i'll see if i can do that as an offical dvd is better than a burnt one

joecool

Post by joecool »

More (better) Pic's:

Vista Ultimate R2

Post by Vista Ultimate R2 »

Looks nice Do you know if the DVD for the retail versions is the same as the OEM one? Interesting that they're not doing full holographic discs with this like they have done for a few years now - maybe they think it makes the text on the disc too difficult to read?

TheWahbinator

Post by TheWahbinator »

Ultimate != "Includes Windows Anytime Upgrade"

Somebody must've been drunk when those DVDs were pressed

Also about the volume labels (not a big deal but still), you mean they aren't following previous suit for the retail DVDs? (label would normally be LRMCFPP_EN_DVD) They were really lazy I suppose...

Namronia

Post by Namronia »

i thoght so too, but you can install vista home basic and upgrade to vista ultimate then

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

Yeah, but still it doesn't make sense to include Anytime Upgrade as a feature on Ultimate itself.

Vista Ultimate R2

empireum wrote:Yeah, but still it doesn't make sense to include Anytime Upgrade as a feature on Ultimate itself.
Maybe it's so that they can release editions above Ultimate at some stage, such as Windows Vista™ Super Ultimate Ultra 1337™ Edition, and it'll only cost Ultimate owners $1000 to upgrade to it using Anytime Upgrade You'll need at least 4 GB Ram, a Quad core processor and two 512 MB graphics cards to run Super Ultimate Ultra 1337™ Edition though.

New and improved features available only in this edition of Windows include Windows Genuine Advantage Supreme System 2008™ for added security and assurance, Windows only working if a constant connection to a Microsoft Genuine Plus™ server is maintained at all times, and the PC being automatically put into self-destruct mode (fans are turned off and CPU activity set to maximum) if Non-Genuine Software is detected, for your own safety and security. The new Non-Genuine Software Detection Engine now also detects software not certified for use with Microsoft Windows Vista™, including common malware such as "Firefox" and "Open Office", and removes such threats from your system without requiring your input.

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

Thanks! I actually had a good laugh on that one, that's something I could image seeing MS doing at some stage. Don't forget the finger-print reader which is the only possible method to log on, failing to log on three times in a row will toggle the self-destruct mode, killing your PC and then setting fire to your Vista DVD And yeah, if the Vista setup detects another non-MS OS on any of your HDs, it'll wipe them all completely, including your data

Honestly, one more reason not to use Vista for me

Vista Ultimate R2

I came across a few more photos of the Vista packaging that you might be interested to see:

Also I saw this, which makes it look as though there will be CD versions of Vista. This seems very surprising - how come we haven't heard about these before? You'd think they would have needed to beta-test them for a start? I wonder how they split up the WIM image? I tried the link and it doesn't seem to work, but I suppose maybe they just haven't got round to putting it up yet.

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

These Vista CD versions have been around for a while, they come on 4 CDs and the WIM image is, AFAIK, split up into four SWM images. When installing from the CDs, Setup copies all the SWM files to the installation partition and builds the WIM image locally before actually installing Vista from there.

joecool

Post by joecool »

the CD/DVD-Order Link is dead
I think it isn't live until January 31!

___
Donator

Post by ___ »

dang, cause i was going to order one.

joecool

Post by joecool »

I have just ordered the only avaible "Media Kit" which was avaible with my "Betatest Retail Key"

--> Part # 66R-00017 "Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit CD-Set"
--> 9,95€ Shipping charge

moonlit

Post by moonlit »

Saw them for sale in the newest Argos catalog (UK chain that sells just about everything), so odd to actually see it after all this time...

___
Donator

Post by ___ »

joecool wrote:
I have just ordered the only avaible "Media Kit" which was avaible with my "Betatest Retail Key"

--> Part # 66R-00017 "Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit CD-Set"
--> 9,95€ Shipping charge
im going to order it this week sometime. couldn't see where to order the 64bit version

joecool

Post by joecool »

That'S because the 64bit Version is included in Ultimate Retail Box normaly