[solved] How to change date in BIOS? (Parallels Workstation)

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
Archive Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
Archive Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Luckie
Donator

[solved] How to change date in BIOS? (Parallels Workstation)

Post by Luckie »

How do I change the Date in Parallels? It seems, there is no chance to go into the BIOS (F2, DEL doesn't work) . Are there no options to go into the BIOS? If yes, how can I change the date?
Last edited by Luckie on Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why. Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why."

Vista Ultimate R2

Post by Vista Ultimate R2 »

Never used Parallels (or a new Mac for that matter ), but I'm guessing maybe it just uses your system date, so you have to change the clock on your Mac before starting the virtual machine?

Luckie
Donator

Post by Luckie »

ok, I will try this. But I still need the correct Date.
"Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why. Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why."

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

Parallels is not only available for the Mac, but for Windows and Linux as well, and AFAIK, there is no accessible BIOS, so no way to change your data in Parallels, you have to change the date on your host, at least that's how it works on Parallels for Mac.

Try a date of November 2002 for Longhorn 3706.

Luckie
Donator

Post by Luckie »

empireum wrote:there is no accessible BIOS, so no way to change your data in Parallels, you have to change the date on your host
that's it. This works
empireum wrote:Try a date of November 2002 for Longhorn 3706.
see, the other thread, it works