FTP Server Access
also known as Advanced Members Group
What benefit does having access to the FTP servers have?
- More than 3200GB of betas, abandonware, shareware and freeware.
- Up to 100Mbps download speeds.
- Un-throttled 24/7 access (Subject to 50GB/day download limit).
- Your name will turn red!
- 4096bit encryption for your security and to prevent throttling by your ISP.
- It's all FREE! (But please donate if you like it!)
Why do you have to join a group for the FTP servers?
The reasons are simple. We have limited resources, and if we gave it to everybody without them earning it, the site would quickly fail. Also, the community would never survive and we would quickly end up with a dead and useless website. BetaArchive thrives because of it's community, so by becoming a part of it, you get rewards such as access to the FTP servers.
How do I get access to the FTP servers?
You will require:
10 contributing posts
That comply to the guidelines below.
A contributing post is one that fits into the following categories:
- Topical discussion
- Beta news
- Technology news
- Continuing or adding to a current topic
- Starting an interesting topic of your own
Before starting new topics, search the forum to make sure a topic doesn't already exist with the same subject.
Please do not reply or make topics that fall under the following:
- Single word replies - e.g "lol", "ok", "wow!"
- Posts containing only avatars
- Posts that simply thank someone - e.g "thanks!", "been looking for this!"
- Posts that simply agree with someone - e.g "yeah!", "I agree!"
- Useless or off-topic conversation
- Advertising/promoting something
- Anything else that is not technology or non-beta related (unless posted in off-topic)
Donations will NOT get you access.
Donations are non-refundable.
Even if you donated, you still have to earn access. Sorry.
I have enough posts, how do I get access?
First, are you sure you really have enough posts? Remember they are reviewed manually.
Do not ask a moderator or admin how many contributing posts you have.
Admins and moderators are busy people. You need to judge the number of contributing posts for yourself.
Just having 10 posts does not mean that they are all contributing posts.
If you are in doubt, review your posts to see if they conform to the guidelines.
If you really do think you have enough posts, please read the rules below.
Rules of the Advanced Members Group:
The following will result in loss of Advanced Members Group membership:
- Leaking or sharing of FTP login details with anyone (including other members).
- Excessive bandwidth usage despite warnings to reduce it.
- Constant server hammering despite warnings.
- Breaking any of the other regular forum rules.
Once you lose your Advanced Members Group membership you will never be able to get it back.
If you have read the rules above, you can now apply by clicking the link below.
--> Apply For FTP Access <--
I have applied for FTP Access, but I don't have access yet. Why?
- All applications are manually reviewed by a moderator.
- Application processing can take up to 7 days, but is normally completed within 24 hours.
My application was rejected. Why?
- A reason should be stated in the PM sent to you by the moderator who processed the application.
- Applications are normally rejected because they did not conform to the guidelines above.
If you keep getting rejected, you should be aware of the following:
- Access to the Advanced Members Group is restricted to 3 attempts.
- After 3 failed attempts, your username will be permanently banned from the site.
- If you get rejected, review your posts and find out why.
- Don't apply again until you're sure you have fixed the problems causing you to be denied access.