Windows "Longhorn" / Windows Vista Build 5063

Discuss Windows Vista/Server 2008 to Windows 10.
yourepicfailure
Donator

Re: Windows "Longhorn" / Windows Vista Build 5063

Post by yourepicfailure »

Until Mega drops Firefox 28, I don't care.

And if anyone is wondering, these are the frames found under 4033, 4039, 4042.lab06. I haven't been under 4051 or 4053.

Frame for milexplorer(notice thicker top bar intended for browsui controls):

Frame for standard windows:
"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do it blows your whole leg off"
You will never tear me from the grasp of the Pentium M!

Splitwirez

Post by Splitwirez »

That reminds me...if WhistlerInstalls won't leak the entire build, might there be any worth in asking if we could get a few DCE files from it or something? And if so, which ones?

Also, here's a screenshot from when I tossed random 4039 images into 4074 a while ago:
(I've gotten a lot better than this since then, don't worry)

yourepicfailure
Donator

There is a are 4074 DCE skins based on 4039's glass...
http://dk.toastednet.org/iex_lh/

There's the one by GCNAddict as well as BOFH. Both have slight differences to be accounted for.

WhistlerInstalls guy? Not gonna happen. I remember back in 2014 when his videos surfaced and we discussed out that. Pretty hilarious.
For instance he didn't provide enough evidence he had the build, and his last one(4088) got leaked out shortly after by someone who wasn't him.
You could probably search his name here and find those old topics.
"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do it blows your whole leg off"

Splitwirez

Post by Splitwirez »

yourepicfailure wrote:There is a 4074 DCE skin based on 4039's glass...
http://dk.toastednet.org/iex_lh/

There's the one by GCNAddict as well as BOFH. Both have slight differences to be accounted for.

WhistlerInstalls guy? Not gonna happen. I remember back in 2014 when his videos surfaced and we discussed out that. Pretty hilarious.
For instance he didn't provide enough evidence he had the build, and his last one(4088) got leaked out shortly after by someone who wasn't him.
You could probably search his name here and find those old topics.
Ohh...right. Okay, moving on...that website contains a very interesting supposed screenshot of build 5033:
But that can't be right, can it? And if not 5033, then what is that screenshot?

yourepicfailure
Donator

Timestamp puts her at October 2, 2005.
This would mean it was conceived 6-7 months after 5048 at the very most as 5048 was compiled in the late May/April 2005 timeframe.
And possibly as old as the 5231 series, which were compiled around late September, early October of that year.

Likely user concept.

Splitwirez

Post by Splitwirez »

yourepicfailure wrote:Timestamp puts her at October 2, 2005.
This would mean it was conceived 6-7 months after 5048 at the very most as 5048 was compiled in the late May/April 2005 timeframe.
And possibly as old as the 5231 series, which were compiled around late September, early October of that year.

Likely user concept.
Darn :/

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

Splitwirez wrote:Ohh...right. Okay, moving on...that website contains a very interesting supposed screenshot of build 5033:
But that can't be right, can it? And if not 5033, then what is that screenshot?
Not a user concept, but it is just a concept. Ignore the date, it is from pre-reset. It's not uncommon for MS to do concepts with dates in the concept past the expected release date, ie, 2005 for pre-reset Longhorn. I think that concept was mostly relating to the Athens PC concept they jointly worked on with HP.

Certainly whoever claimed it was 5033 was a blithering idiot.

Splitwirez

Post by Splitwirez »

Woops, forgot to post that cleaned up Plex theme. Here it is: 4039 Aero.msstyles

Maza

Post by Maza »

yourepicfailure wrote:Back to 5063, this is quite an amazing build. It has most of 5112's features, yet much earlier. This may have been the result of several labs having worked on Omega-13 before others, resulting in much more completeness early on.
This brings up the question: when the labs were bringing over Longhorn features to Omega-13, what did the UI look like? While it would be largely incomplete, it may look rather nice as they went through thinking of what to use.
While it is only speculation, perhaps some of the designs looked similar to the earlier concepts?
"We do not view the desktop as a mode, legacy or otherwise."
Windows Vista: Microsoft Speech Center | Windows Vista Saved Search chronicle

yourepicfailure
Donator

Maza wrote:While it is only speculation, perhaps some of the designs looked similar to the earlier concepts?
Quite possibly. That does look more or less like what 5048 was trying to be.

Maza

Post by Maza »

yourepicfailure wrote:Quite possibly. That does look more or less like what 5048 was trying to be.
Well these earlier designs are consistent; they are so early that some of them include the Castle feature (!). And in another example, they are used by the Sync Center feature.
"We do not view the desktop as a mode, legacy or otherwise."
Windows Vista: Microsoft Speech Center | Windows Vista Saved Search chronicle