[OFFER] DOS, Windows, Office, Xenix, et cetera (1981-1994)

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
Arie

[OFFER] DOS, Windows, Office, Xenix, et cetera (1981-1994)

Post by Arie »

Below an overview of my collection of old diskettes. When only a year is mentioned, it is simply a guess from my side. Please correct me if I have guessed wrong. I have some old CDs as well, but I did not include those. As I do not have access to the FTP server yet, can anyone please check if I own any items that are currently not archived yet?

IBM DOS 1.10 (1981)

IBM DOS 2.10 (1983)

Close-up of the label.

IBM DOS 3.00 (1984)
These three diskettes were packed together, but do not know if they actually belong together.

IBM DOS 3.00 (1992)

Close-up of the label.

This last diskette came packed together with these other diskettes, but do not know if they actually belong together.

IBM DOS 3.21 (1986)
These three diskettes were packed together, but do not know if they actually belong together.

IBM DOS 4.01 (1988)

Compaq MS-DOS 5.00 (1991)

Close-up of the label.

MS-DOS 5.00 Upgrade (29-07-1991)

MS-DOS 5.00 Upgrade (17-01-1992)

MS-DOS 6.00 Upgrade (24-03-1993)

MS-DOS 6.2 (1993) (NL)

Microsoft Windows 1.02 (1986)

Close-up of the label.

Microsoft C Compiler
The version number seems to be 3.00. This item came packed together with Microsoft Windows 1.02, as shown above, but I do not know if they were actually also sold together.

Microsoft Windows 3.00 (01-02-1992)

Close-up of the label.

Microsoft Windows 3.10 (21-04-1992)

Close-up of the label.

Microsoft Windows 3.10 (25-03-1993) (NL)

Close-up of the label.

Microsoft Windows for Workgroups 3.11 (03-02-1994)

Close-up of the label.

Microsoft Access 1.0 (1992)

Close-up of the label.

Microsoft Excel 4.0 (07-06-1992)

Close-up of the label.

Microsoft Excel 5.0 (28-03-1994)

Close-up of the label.

Microsoft PowerPoint 4.0 (21-04-1994)

Close-up of the label.

Microsoft Project 4.0 (24-10-1994)

Close-up of the label.

Microsoft Office 4.2 (01-10-1994)

Microsoft Office 4.2 (17-02-1995)

Close-up of the label.

Microsoft Mouse (1991)

Microsoft Mouse (1991)

Microsoft Mouse 8.11 (10-11-1992)

Close-up of the label.

Microsoft Mouse 8.11 (10-11-1992)

Microsoft Mouse 2.0 (06-09-1993)

Microsoft Mouse 2.0 (11-01-1994)

Logitech MouseWare (1989)

SCO Xenix 286 2.2

The BusinessTalk System 2000 for DOS 1.0

The BusinessTalk System 2000 for DOS 1.0

The BusinessTalk System 2000 for Microsoft Windows 1.1

Lemmings (1991)
:D

The BusinessTalk System 2000
I have an original box for The BusinessTalk System 2000, which contains some books and diskettes, but it is stored at the moment, as I am redoing the room in my house where I normally keep such items. I do not know by heart which version it is.

Microsoft Operating System/2 Programmer's Toolkit (1988)
This item is currently in the mail and will be added to my collection shortly. More information can be found here and here.

Edit
More items added in this post.
Last edited by Arie on Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not trying to pretend the enemy that I am

gus33000
Location: Bordeaux, sometimes in Paris, France, maybe also in R.W

Re: [OFFER] DOS, Windows, Office, Xenix, et cetera (1981-199

Post by gus33000 »

I think a lot of these are not properly dumped, what an impressive collection you have. So it should be ok to upload them.

Arie

Post by Arie »

Arie wrote:IBM DOS 3.00 (1984)
Four diskettes. :P

For some reason I get an out of bounds error message when I try to edit my original post, so I post this correction separately.

My apologies by the way for the horrible photos, but I only had my smartphone at hand, the light was bad and I did not have much room to work in. All these diskettes were stored in boxes, as I am redoing the room where I normally keep them, so I just quickly dug them up, photographed them and posted the photos on here.

Overdoze

Post by Overdoze »

Impressive collection, proper dumps and scans would be very welcome! :)
All roads lead to Neptune™

KRNL386 - my site about retro computing | My site about Windows 1.0 | My blog | 86Box Manager | LeakDB - list of PC OS warez leaks

Darkstar
Donator

Post by Darkstar »

Do you have a KryoFlux and a proper scanner? If not I can offer you to dump and scan them for you if you can somehow ship them over to me (I will cover shipping of course)
I upload stuff to archive.org from time to time. See here for everything that doesn't fit BA

Battler
Donator

Post by Battler »

Would be nice to get dumps of everything, then we can compare it all to what we have. It can happen that we have some product in the same version and language, but it differs from your copy. And we aim to preserve every single version in existence.
Main developer of the 86Box emulator.
Join the 86Box Discord server, a nice community for true enthusiasts and 86Box supports!

The anime channel is on the Ring of Lightning Discord server.

Check out our SoftHistory Forum for quality discussion about older software.

Arie

Post by Arie »

Darkstar wrote:Do you have a KryoFlux and a proper scanner? If not I can offer you to dump and scan them for you if you can somehow ship them over to me (I will cover shipping of course)
I do not have a KryoFlux board or a 5¼-inch disk drive unfortunately. I do have two different USB powered 3½-inch Iomega disk drives, so imaging 3½-inch diskettes is not an issue. I will start with imaging my 3½-inch diskettes first and I will think about sending out my 5¼-inch diskettes. Is there someone from The Netherlands on this forum who has a KryoFlux board perhaps?

I have made some quick photos of my old CDs after all, which I will upload tomorrow. I was looking for some old user guides to see what I own and stumbled across the CDs. I came across a few more old diskettes too. Some Windows NT 4.0 diskettes, another Microsoft Mouse driver diskette and some Novell license diskettes. I will update this topic with the new photos, to keep everything nicely together.

SoftPCMuseum

Post by SoftPCMuseum »

Arie wrote:
Darkstar wrote:Do you have a KryoFlux and a proper scanner? If not I can offer you to dump and scan them for you if you can somehow ship them over to me (I will cover shipping of course)
I do not have a KryoFlux board or a 5¼-inch disk drive unfortunately. I do have two different USB powered 3½-inch Iomega disk drives, so imaging 3½-inch diskettes is not an issue. I will start with imaging my 3½-inch diskettes first and I will think about sending out my 5¼-inch diskettes. Is there someone from The Netherlands on this forum who has a KryoFlux board perhaps?

I have made some quick photos of my old CDs after all, which I will upload tomorrow. I was looking for some old user guides to see what I own and stumbled across the CDs. I came across a few more old diskettes too. Some Windows NT 4.0 diskettes, another Microsoft Mouse driver diskette and some Novell license diskettes. I will update this topic with the new photos, to keep everything nicely together.
I was able to set up a machine with both, a 3.5 inch drive and a 5.25 inch drive, and have just started the process of imaging my 5.25 inch software disks so that I can first copy them to 3.5 inch disks and then upload them to the FTP server from there.

You should certainly be able to find an old PC compatible system with at least a 5.25 inch floppy disk drive, and there were quite a number with 3.5 inch floppy disk drives also. I would also make sure that the 5.25 inch floppy disk drive is a 1.2 MB disk drive, and that the 3.5 inch floppy disk drive is a 1.44 MB disk drive for it to be suitable for imaging disks.

If your imaging software supports it, I would also make sure to create both, a copy of each disk with data contained within any bad sectors saved in addition to each copy without it saved, so that as much data is preserved as possible for each disk, while at the same time still providing usable disk images as much as possible.
Latest release of Virtual Computer emulator available here:
https://www.betaarchive.com/forum/viewt ... 72&t=39197

Darkstar
Donator

Post by Darkstar »

SoftPCMuseum wrote:If your imaging software supports it, I would also make sure to create both, a copy of each disk with data contained within any bad sectors saved in addition to each copy without it saved, so that as much data is preserved as possible for each disk, while at the same time still providing usable disk images as much as possible.
This makes no sense. If there are any "bad sectors", the *only* thing that would help is a raw flux dump (i.e. KryoFlux, CatWeasel, etc.). Any IMG file with bad sectors is useless.

The same goes for any non-standard disk formats, of course, like what IBM used from time to time.
I upload stuff to archive.org from time to time. See here for everything that doesn't fit BA

Battler
Donator

Post by Battler »

- Darkstar: Except raw images of XDF floppies work perfectly fine in Winimage, Virtual PC 2007, and even PCem.

Also, an image with the between-the-sectors data would be indeed useful because of copy protections that relied on the CRC fields being set to the wrong value for example.
Main developer of the 86Box emulator.
Join the 86Box Discord server, a nice community for true enthusiasts and 86Box supports!

The anime channel is on the Ring of Lightning Discord server.

Check out our SoftHistory Forum for quality discussion about older software.

SoftPCMuseum

Post by SoftPCMuseum »

Darkstar wrote:
SoftPCMuseum wrote:If your imaging software supports it, I would also make sure to create both, a copy of each disk with data contained within any bad sectors saved in addition to each copy without it saved, so that as much data is preserved as possible for each disk, while at the same time still providing usable disk images as much as possible.
This makes no sense. If there are any "bad sectors", the *only* thing that would help is a raw flux dump (i.e. KryoFlux, CatWeasel, etc.). Any IMG file with bad sectors is useless.

The same goes for any non-standard disk formats, of course, like what IBM used from time to time.
Well, as I said before, I would save both copies (both with and without the data contained within the bad sectors), simply to save as much data as possible for the sake of preservation. In other words, one set of disk images with the extra data saved, and one without.

Still, though, I agree with you that it is simply not as good as a KryoFlux dump, but this is the closest thing that I can get until I can find such a machine, so of course I'm settling for the next best thing, and I always keep disks indefinitely, meaning that if I ever did get a KryoFlux system in the future, I would gladly redump my entire collection.

German

Post by German »

Arie wrote: Microsoft Windows 3.00 (01-02-1992)

Close-up of the label.
WOW!!! This is complete package of Windows 3.00.55 Beta 1!!!

DiskingRound

Post by DiskingRound »

German wrote: WOW!!! This is complete package of Windows 3.00.55 Beta 1!!!
If you read the OP's post close enough you'll see the date is 1/2/1992, not 3.00.55's 1/2/1990.

SoftPCMuseum

Post by SoftPCMuseum »

DiskingRound wrote:
German wrote: WOW!!! This is complete package of Windows 3.00.55 Beta 1!!!
If you read the OP's post close enough you'll see the date is 1/2/1992, not 3.00.55's 1/2/1990.
And plus, the disks also clearly state "1/2/1992" and not "1/2/1990", meaning that they were from shortly before Microsoft Windows 3.1 shipped.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Very impressive collection, we would really be interested in all of these! You definately need a kryoflux so the floppies can be properly preserved!
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

Arie

Post by Arie »

mrpijey wrote:Very impressive collection, we would really be interested in all of these! You definately need a kryoflux so the floppies can be properly preserved!
Shall I send you my address? ;)

Arie

Post by Arie »

Microsoft Windows & MS-DOS 6 User's Guide

Microsoft Windows for Workgroups & MS-DOS User's Guide

Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 3.51 (1995)

Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0 (1996)

Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0 (1996)

Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0 (1996) (NL)

Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0 (1998)

Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 4 / Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Option Pack 3.0 (1998)
Double CD set

Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 4

Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Option Pack 3.0

Microsoft Windows 95 (1997)

Microsoft Windows 95 (1997) (NL)

Microsoft Office 4.2 (1994)

Microsoft Outlook 97 (1997)

Microsoft IntelliPoint 2.2 (18-10-1998)

Novell NetWare
Novell NetWare 4.2 and Novell NetWare 5 CDs, Novell NetWare 4.11 User's Guide

Novell NetWare 3.12, Novell NetWare 4.11 and Novell NetWare 5 license diskettes

Novell LAN WorkPlace for DOS User's Guide

The BusinessTalk System 2000 for Windows 1.1

The envelop was still sealed when I got it...

... these diskettes have therefore never been used :cool:

The photos of the books and COAs might be a bit "off topic", but I thought I would post a few of such photos too, as some people might enjoy seeing them, like I do. Below some more "off topic" photos which you might like seeing.

Imation 2DD 720KB
Four new, empty diskettes

3M 2HD 1,44MB

More than ten new, empty diskettes

3M Head Cleaning Diskette Kit
New and unused (I might have a second kit somewhere too)

Iomega USB Floppy Drives
I own two Iomega USB Floppy Drives

BXXU0130

YD-8U10

Arie

Post by Arie »

I brought the following diskettes with me to work today, so that I can hopefully image them while taking a break or while listening in on boring conference calls. ;)
  • MS-DOS 5.00 Upgrade (29-07-1991)
  • MS-DOS 5.00 Upgrade (17-01-1992)
  • MS-DOS 6.00 Upgrade (24-03-1993)
  • MS-DOS 6.2 (1993) (NL)
Hopefully I can scan the labels properly at work too, because my own MFP is not connected at the moment (same story; the MFP is normally in the room which I am currently redoing).

Arie

Post by Arie »

My Microsoft Operating System/2 Programmer's Toolkit (1988) has just been delivered at home. Cannot wait to go home and unpack after work. I have just uploaded the MS-DOS diskettes which I imaged earlier. If I am granted FTP access, I will try to image this new addition to my collection this weekend and upload it too, if it is not already on the FTP server.

Overdoze

Post by Overdoze »

Which version of OS/2 toolkit is that?
All roads lead to Neptune™

KRNL386 - my site about retro computing | My site about Windows 1.0 | My blog | 86Box Manager | LeakDB - list of PC OS warez leaks

Arie

Post by Arie »

I will know hopefully once I am home ;)

Arie

Post by Arie »

Overdoze wrote:Which version of OS/2 toolkit is that?
Version 1.00, from 1988.

Front of the box, which is looking good

Back of the box, has some big tears, but no parts missing

Side of the box, the lid does not want to close properly due to the tears in the back of the box

Sticker on top of the box, clearly stating the version

Inner box, which is looking good

License agreement still nicely stuck to the plastic after all these years

When you open the plastic box on top of the inner cardboard box, the first thing you see is the registration form

Underneath all diskettes, nicely stacked, with the 5,25-inch diskettes on top

The 5,25-inch diskettes seriously look like new

Underneath the 5,25-inch diskettes, the 3,5-inch diskettes

The 3,5 also look like new

When you take the plastic box with the diskettes out of the cardboard inner box, you will find both included books, which look good too

The outsides of both books are the same; plain with a Microsoft logo and a label on the side of the book

The labels of both books look like they have a different color on these photos, but that is just a matter of lighting, a mistake on my side, because they are the same color

When you open both books, you can see a little white sticker in the left upper corner

One book has the address of the Dutch Microsoft headquarters printed on the sticker

Still looking good after all these years

The other book has the address of the USA Microsoft headquarters printed on the sticker

There is a bit of a "wave" in some of the first pages of this book, but nothing which cannot be solved with an improvised paperweight to make them flat again

A true beauty this box. It is hard to imagine that this is from 1988. The outerbox is a bit damaged on the back, but for the rest this item is looking great. Very happy with it.

DiskingRound

Post by DiskingRound »

All of these items you posted in this topic are of interest. Even though some of these are on our FTP it would be great to have scans of disks/discs, manuals, boxes, ads, etc. Plus, I've been searching for some of these DOS/Windows guides for quite some time but off hand couldn't find any. Thank you so much for these offers! :) Very, very well appreciated.

Arie

Post by Arie »

I have just uploaded the 3,5-inch diskettes of the following items:
  • Lemmings (1991)
  • Microsoft Operating System/2 Programmer's Toolkit 1.0 (1988)
  • The BusinessTalk System 2000 for DOS 1.0 (1992)
  • The BusinessTalk System 2000 for Microsoft Windows 1.1 (1993)
:)

vicvan

Post by vicvan »

The dump 3.5" Lemmings, you must use Teledisk.
(Kryoflux is ok.)
This game has copy protection From Track 0 ~ 4.
(Sector 10-12)