What is the difference between old-dos.ru & Winworldpc.com?

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
Archive Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
Archive Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Morea

What is the difference between old-dos.ru & Winworldpc.com?

Post by Morea »

Both the sites offer a large list of old abandonware software and OS and betas, but what is the better? Are there other websites like those? Thanks! :mrgreen:

mspeter97

Re: What is the difference between old-dos.ru & Winworldpc.c

Post by mspeter97 »

I think both are BA mirrors or something.
One thing is sure though...Old-DOS.ru contains files from Winworldpc

Overdoze

Post by Overdoze »

They're both abandonware sites, like BA, but no contribution is required. Quality is questionable on both sites, and a lot of material there originates from BA or pre-BA times.
All roads lead to Neptune™

KRNL386 - my site about retro computing | My site about Windows 1.0 | My blog | 86Box Manager | LeakDB - list of PC OS warez leaks

raff1992

Post by raff1992 »

old-dos.ru is surely bigger than winworldpci, infact, for example, it has many OSs ISO files that winworldpci doesn't have, and then, it has even many ISO CD ROMs collection. However, all of this two are abandonware collection sites...

domantasrackovas
Donator

Post by domantasrackovas »

Both have the ISOs from BetaArchive, but you don't need to register to download. Old-dos has archives from WinWorld and WinWorld has the ISOs from BetaArchive.
Call me Dom.
I love old operating systems.

FTP Access - Donator

ExplicitNuM5

Post by ExplicitNuM5 »

WinWorldPC distributes betas of Windows (this I'm sure) up to 6.0.6xxx. Old-dos, I have seen like at least a year ago, is like separate beta website that occasionally contain something we don't have.
XDA-Developers: mr_verystock
Facebook: ___ ___ng
Google +: okcn .aline
Tom's Hardware : okcnaline
OSBetaArchive: ExplicitNuM5

tarlabnor

Post by tarlabnor »

ExplicitNuM5 wrote:...is like separate beta website that occasionally contain something we don't have.
Old dos has no strict requirements that program must be a copy of original media, that's why apps there come from different sources: original media, backups, pirate disks etc. That's the first reason why they may have something that's missing here.

Secondly, it's non-english (to be exact it's russian-speaking community) and they put on their site many 'local' apps unknown to western beta community.

And at last (but not at least) they collect not only commercial, but shareware and freeware apps as well.