PS3 Bluetooth Headset connecting to PC (USB) Issue

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
Archive Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
Archive Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Cats869
Donator

PS3 Bluetooth Headset connecting to PC (USB) Issue

Post by Cats869 »

Hey guys,

I've got a problem that I'm trying to fix. First of all, I was wondering if it is capable of trying to connect my official PS3 Bluetooth headset 2.0 to my Windows 7 computer via USB? I know it is possible to do it with the bluetooth but I want to try it out via USB. So far, I'm having limited success as my Windows 7 does detect my headset and installs the default drivers for it and labels it as a wireless headset but it cannot be used for some reason. I'm trying to use it to record my voice and use it to chat with other people when I'm playing games on the computer, etc but when I go to the audio options, no wireless headset or any microphone picture(except the default one, which doesn't work, since you need the pink cable or something to use it. Anyway, what I'm using is the USB one and it does not show up so I really cannot configure it to use it so my other question is, how do you set it up so Windows 7 can make the device classified as some audio device instead of an unknown device if my 1st question which I asked above is answered yes. Thanks everyone for trying to help. :)
Offtopic Comment
I'm going to buy myself a Bluetooth dongle later since my desktop computer isn't Bluetooth capable at the moment.
Cats869
My YouTube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/xComputerWizardx
Visit my CSS clan here by going to www.tmuservers.net! We have CS:S, TF2, and Minecraft servers!

skywalker06
Donator

Re: PS3 Bluetooth Headset connecting to PC (USB) Issue

Post by skywalker06 »

if its coming up as unknown in device manager here's how to get the drivers for it

open up device manager (start > [rightclick] 'computer' > 'manage' [click] 'device manager' )

[rightclick] on 'unknown device' [click] properties

[click] 'details' tab at the top and at the 'property' tab select 'hardware ids'

make a note of the VEN_XXX & DEV_XXX (where the xxx are numbers which tell you which company made them and what device it is and model)

in google type in 'ven_xxx dev_xxx windows 7' e.g ven_111 dev_111 windows 7

you should be able to find some drivers to support the headset but am not sure if you can link a ps3 headset to windows 7

EDIT1
actually quick google search came to this try this driver
http://www.broadcom.com/support/bluetooth/update.php

EDIT2
x64 driver
http://download.komeil.com/?890
i know it says vista driver but it should work on 7 also