WinCE 1.0/2.0/3.0

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
ultrawindows
Donator

WinCE 1.0/2.0/3.0

Post by ultrawindows »

Hello,

I search for WinCE:
- WinCE 1.0 (1996)
- WinCE 2.0 (1997)
- WinCe 3.0 (june2000)

Who has this one?

GL1zdA

Re: WinCE 1.0/2.0/3.0

Post by GL1zdA »

You have to either buy a device or get a Platform Builder Kit. There's no Platform Builder for 1.0 - only devices (an OEM Adaptation Kit exists). Here's a list of Platform Builders:

Code: Select all

Microsoft Windows CE Embedded Toolkit for Visual C++ 5.0
Microsoft Windows CE 2.10 Enhancement Pack for Windows CE Embedded Toolkit for Visual C++ 5.0
Microsoft Windows CE Platform Builder 2.11
Microsoft Windows CE Platform Builder 3.0
Microsoft Windows CE Platform Builder 4.0
Microsoft Windows CE Platform Builder 4.1
Microsoft Windows CE Platform Builder 4.2
Microsoft Windows CE Platform Builder 5.0
(there's the Microsoft Windows CE Platform Builder 2.11.rar on the FTP or Microsoft WinCE 2.10 Pack for VC5 Embedded Toolkit.rar if you have the VC5 Embedded Toolkit).

Commanderraf

Post by Commanderraf »

I've always wondered how to use the "Plataform Builder Kit"s. I have one for WinCE 5.0 around and I've never figured what to do with it.

Anyway, good to se someone else is interested in the old WinCE.

-Commanderraf

Help me get to my goal of 5 bitcoins! Donate to 166wvZUzA8j7Ltf3eZZK8KW1fCeiAPFVtr

GL1zdA

Post by GL1zdA »

Commanderraf wrote:I've always wondered how to use the "Plataform Builder Kit"s. I have one for WinCE 5.0 around and I've never figured what to do with it.
There was a description of a x86 compatible computer in the Platform Builder Documentation (at least the old ones, I read only .0), that you could use for testing. I thing there was also a description how to prepare the OS to deploy it on such PC.

Jens
Donator

Post by Jens »

GL1zdA wrote:You have to either buy a device or get a Platform Builder Kit. There's no Platform Builder for 1.0 - only devices (an OEM Adaptation Kit exists).
For CE 1.0 may I add: http://www.hpcfactor.com/hardware/devices/

There you'll find suitable devices that from time to time appear on eBay, although you have to read carefully, some might have a built-in expansion-chip, which upgraded the device from CE 1.0 to CE 2.0.

I was lucky enough to get a still packaged Cassiopeia A-11 about two years ago with all the items that were sold along with it for ridiculous 25 EUR. I particularly liked the enclosed advertisements for 32 MB-expansion chips costing 850 $. And of course the advertisement for a wireless messenger which featured the NY skyline with the WTC in the background.

Commanderraf

Post by Commanderraf »

Jens wrote: I was lucky enough to get a still packaged Cassiopeia A-11 about two years ago with all the items that were sold along with it for ridiculous 25 EUR. I particularly liked the enclosed advertisements for 32 MB-expansion chips costing 850 $. And of course the advertisement for a wireless messenger which featured the NY skyline with the WTC in the background.
When I bought my current E-125 I got the items catalogue, in which the Compact Flash cards were exorbitantly expensive and incredibly small.

But it also has info on the Freedio scanner and printer, which I've always wanted to purchase, so its an interesting read.

-Commanderraf

Help me get to my goal of 5 bitcoins! Donate to 166wvZUzA8j7Ltf3eZZK8KW1fCeiAPFVtr

GL1zdA

Post by GL1zdA »

Jens wrote:For CE 1.0 may I add: http://www.hpcfactor.com/hardware/devices/
Another nice comparison on PocketPC FAQ.