Windows Longhorn 4074 ?

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
Archive Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
Archive Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
constrictor
Donator

Windows Longhorn 4074 ?

Post by constrictor »

Ok so i went to install 4074 and after about 10 mins with 15 mins left of step 2 i got the bsod. I get the option to continue install from the bootscreen and was wondering if it was normal to see this. Thanks if you can help.

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

Yes its normal to see continue install. Microsoft have made their installer quite well.

constrictor
Donator

Post by constrictor »

ok thanks ill try to continue it later then. I just wanted to make sure it was normal because i dont wanna ruin my computer.

one other thing. I dont think it is a sata drive but was a workaround so it could be installed on sata ever found.

tehosc

Post by tehosc »

Hmm... I might try that. I know there was a workaround where you have to get another IDE/ATA drive.

Problem is, I don't have one.

I'll try this method, tonight.

-S

s_nd

Post by s_nd »

is it or is it not possible to copy the contents of a hdd to another, including the boot records and registry files? if this is possible, then thats your answer right there.

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

Yes, of course this is possible.

fzajac
Donator

Post by fzajac »

If you get ATA drive try this: http://board.iexbeta.com/index.php?showtopic=33838

I know its for 4051 but should work with 4074 as well...

tehosc

Post by tehosc »

I'll try this when I get my caddie. I got a spare laptop IDE drive I can install LH on.

-S

Frozenport
Location: The Ephemeral between existance and non-existance: AKA "being"

Post by Frozenport »

It maybe that horrid *wim (or something like that) file that takes up like 600 megs...

Getting a BSOD on install is not normal

I would reccomend you try a different HCL
Part Time Troll - HPC Enthusiast - Spelling Master - Old Fart

Richard0612

Post by Richard0612 »

If you have VPC 2007 [it's free], try using your 4074 iso on that to see if it is the ISO that is the problem or your HD.

tristan
Donator

Post by tristan »

you should try to install the ''Ultra version'' bug fixes are included in that one, but if you can't even install you should use those ata drivers first

scb3131

Post by scb3131 »

Instead of the "Ultra Version" stated above, i found that Longhorn R2 from JoeJoe.org works the best, it does everything of the Ultra Version and more.

You can also download it as an update, it will add a glass taskbar

tristan
Donator

Post by tristan »

The link at joejoe.org is down, so you can't download that one anymore..

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

If Andy says this is OK on his server, I might get round to uploading it (4074 R2, that is).

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

I don't see why not.

boomer2007

Longhorn Reloaded install

Post by boomer2007 »

I have spent many hours installing LHR on my old computer. The first problem was a TV tuner card. Once I removed this, I was able to finish the installation. The next hurdle was finding drivers for my nvidia GeForce 6200. I tried manually installing the latest drivers, however I kept getting error messages. I found some old nvidia 8422 drivers and now I have DWM working. The next problem was the sound card. It is built into the motherboard. It is a AC97 card. I was able to manually install the sound driver inf files that came with the motherboard. I now have 5.1 sound, however I have no system sounds. Both itunes and wmp 10 sound great. Firefox 2.0 would not install, however if you copy the Mozilla firefox over from an XP installation it works great. AVG antivirus works without any problems. I had a few problems in adding this machine to my home network, but finally figured it out. My next step is to install some software. If anyone knows how to get a Avermedia PCI 500 tuner card working and how to get system sounds please let me know.

q

Post by q »

empireum wrote:If Andy says this is OK on his server, I might get round to uploading it (4074 R2, that is).
Sorry if this is a bump.

Have you done it yet m8?

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

q wrote:
empireum wrote:If Andy says this is OK on his server, I might get round to uploading it (4074 R2, that is).
Sorry if this is a bump.

Have you done it yet m8?
No. But I think it's been uploaded by someone else. Anyway, you need to reach your 10 contributing posts to get access to the server first.

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

Yes, its listed as Longhorn Build 4074 Revision 2, i think

leonbollerup
Donator

Any diffrence between Longhorn Build 4074 Revision 2 and LHR

Post by leonbollerup »

Hey,

Is there any diffrence between Longhorn Build 4074 Revision 2 and Longhorn Reloaded from joejoe.org ?

I have LHR runinng here.. it works prety ok..

// Leon

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

A lot of revision 2 was morphed into LHR, though R2 is much better in terms of how finished it feels.

leonbollerup
Donator

hhmm.. maybe i should give it a try...

Post by leonbollerup »

hi,

I have been using Longhorn on my Compaq Evo n410c since it first came out, maybe i should give that 4079r2 a test, can it be found on one of the servers ?

// Leon

clt_42

Post by clt_42 »

i remember some people on usenet groups had the longhorn ultra on a warez ftp