XP Users?

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
Archive Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
Archive Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
alcid34

XP Users?

Post by alcid34 »

Is there any people in this forum that still uses XP? I know I've discussed about Windows XP is outdated, but I'm curious to know that if people here is still using XP?
Last edited by alcid34 on Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pokemon Master Timothy, the greatest Pokemon Brainiac since Ash Ketchum, at your service. I'm also a beginner programmer and Windows Lover!

betaluva
Donator

Re: XP Users?

Post by betaluva »

why is it a piece of poop? its stable,its fast,there are a bazillion apps for it, there are still plenty of drivers for it, it doesnt have Metro apps but who cares? Metro Apps dont do anything that v86 apps can do, and theres one important thing it does have, a bloody Start Menu.
Never Fear,Captain Sweatpants is Here!
*http://osbetaworld.b1.jcink.com/*

alcid34

Post by alcid34 »

why is it a piece of poop? its stable,its fast,there are a bazillion apps for it, there are still plenty of drivers for it, it doesnt have Metro apps but who cares? Metro Apps dont do anything that v86 apps can do, and theres one important thing it does have, a bloody Start Menu.
Oh. No no no no... I'm simply talking about if there are still XP users out there (or in this forum). I know XP is a great system, I'm referring to that XP is now outdated and there are better operating systems like 7. I'll change my post.
Pokemon Master Timothy, the greatest Pokemon Brainiac since Ash Ketchum, at your service. I'm also a beginner programmer and Windows Lover!

Jensvde
Donator

Post by Jensvde »

I'm still using XP on my laptop, it's the only thing that runs smoothly on it.

raff1992

Post by raff1992 »

I use XP on a virtual machine, this because it's incompatible with my laptop that's new and works only from Windows Vista...

krosos8

Post by krosos8 »

I use XP on my laptop because it's more fluid (plus I can play older games on it). However on my main computer I use Windows 7 - my laptop is pretty old (2009), and while it ran Vista and 7 quite nicely back then today's browsers completely sap it's 1 GBs of RAM, making the system unusable if you want to browse the Internet. I also have Linux installed alongside XP, so I have a supported system after programs will stop supporting XP (it will remain though, because I want to play older Windows games and they lag if I run them from Wine)

trifle

Post by trifle »

alcid34 wrote:XP is now outdated and there are better operating systems like 7
7 has some internals advancements, but I never liked the way they changed some directory locations and associated security, it made familiar tasks harder. And why did they have to move so many things around? Seemed like useless reshuffling to me. New is not always improved. But Microsoft developers need to keep earning their paycheck, so if they don't have any good ideas, they just move stuff around.

8-)

Delracman

Post by Delracman »

My grandparents still use XP. All my other family switched to either Vista, 7, or 8 a while ago. I used to like XP but now in my opinion it doesn't look very modern anymore. I like the look of 7 and (you can yell at me if you want) Windows 8.

Wheatley
Donator

Post by Wheatley »

Only thing that runs XP is a VM for me. All my relatively modern machines run either Vista, 7 or 8.1 (Enterprise sku whenever possible)
Windows Defender for great justice! Bugs are an international trading company. I need to defeat the anti-debugging and obfuscation methods. It wasn't for Intel's absurd ability to load in ie6. Why even waste time with people in an envelope?

qazmko1029

Post by qazmko1029 »

Windows XP is still alive on my laptop. Windows 7 is not fit to my poor performance.

yourepicfailure
Donator

Post by yourepicfailure »

I used Xp x64 on my laptop, until it got unstable after a while (not a virus). Thought it was an "Upgrade" from 7.
"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do it blows your whole leg off"
You will never tear me from the grasp of the Pentium M!

ovctvct

Post by ovctvct »

XP is poor. I use 8.1.

supra107

Post by supra107 »

For my main OS, i use Windows 7 Home Premium OEM. My old PC's was running on XP, actually, i think i still have one that is runnable.

Now i use XP as an Virtual Machine :P
Heroes of Might and Magic III for life!

Matriks404

Post by Matriks404 »

I use XP only on Virtual Machine (VirtualBox on Xubuntu 14.04 LTS). Sadly I need to use it also in my school, but there are also computers with Windows 7, which isn't bad, compared to XP which is outdated, and doesn't support modern hardware/software.

Courage

Post by Courage »

I used to use XP on a VM (to play old games that won't work on 8). Now, I replaced that with a Server 2003 VM. (A bit of tweaking and voila! One matured 'XP' OS!)

Matriks404

Post by Matriks404 »

Courage wrote:I used to use XP on a VM (to play old games that won't work on 8). Now, I replaced that with a Server 2003 VM. (A bit of tweaking and voila! One matured 'XP' OS!)
Windows Server 2003 support ends in 1 year. If you want to still use XP-like OS in VM you can give a try to Windows Embedded POSReady 2009. You can download it on Microsoft website, hovewer you need get a key on you're own (you can get it legally by subscribing to MSDN I think).

longhornwhistler
Donator

Post by longhornwhistler »

I use XP on one of my other computers but not my main. I use Windows 7
"Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations." - Steve Jobs

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqZBjx ... C1dNISF8ZQ

MuffinSpace89

Post by MuffinSpace89 »

I'd use XP if Linux or FreeBSD didn't exist.

least1234

Post by least1234 »

I'll only use Windows XP in a virtual machine to play games that either look weird in full screen on my monitor, or if the games just don't work in Windows 7 or Windows 8.

abandonware
Donator

Post by abandonware »

I still use XP on my home computer and the netbook until I have time to format and install Windows 7 SP1 and other newer programs.
I'm looking for PC abandonware software, applications, OS, CAD, word processing, spreadsheets, programming, educational software, databases, sound or graphics editors, file managers, etc. If you have some old software or collection please share it.

esc1010

Post by esc1010 »

I use a better OS.... Linux.

Wheatley
Donator

Post by Wheatley »

I hope not Ubuntu.
Windows Defender for great justice! Bugs are an international trading company. I need to defeat the anti-debugging and obfuscation methods. It wasn't for Intel's absurd ability to load in ie6. Why even waste time with people in an envelope?

Matriks404

Post by Matriks404 »

esc1010 wrote:I use a better OS.... Linux.
Linux is not an OS, it's just kernel. I hate when people say they use Linux.
Cool you use Linux, but what kind of Linux? Android? Debian? Ubuntu? Be more specific.

esc1010

Post by esc1010 »

Matriks404 wrote:
esc1010 wrote:I use a better OS.... Linux.
Linux is not an OS, it's just kernel. I hate when people say they use Linux.
Cool you use Linux, but what kind of Linux? Android? Debian? Ubuntu? Be more specific.
Sorry, on my laptop *that broke* I used a Ubuntu based distro named "Elementary OS". Now I have to use a slow 2003 XP laptop that I believe has a floppy drive on it.

x010
Staff

Post by x010 »

I do still use XP , but only as a 'legacy OS' along with 2000 in the multi-boot system with Vista being mainstream , 8.1 being the high-end and Server 2008 being Server.