Photoshop 1.0.1 source code

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
Archive Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
Archive Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
yksoft1

Photoshop 1.0.1 source code

Post by yksoft1 »

http://computerhistory.org/atchm/adobe- ... urce-code/
"With the permission of Adobe Systems, the Computer History Museum has made available the source code for Photoshop version 1.0.1, comprising about 128,000 lines code within 179 files, most of which is in Pascal, the remainder in 68000 assembly language. This the kind of code I aspire to write. The Computer History Museum has earlier made available the source code to MacPaint."
I have MacApp 2.0, but no MPW with Pascal support to build this...

xZEROx

Re: Photoshop 1.0.1 source code

Post by xZEROx »

Wow, i wish this could happen for some old windows versions like 3.1,2.0,1.0,...ect
Anyway, i thank you for sharing this. :P
I'm hunting for a very elusive build of Longhorn, build 3663 to be exact. Please PM me if you have any information whatsoever!

comeburstingtheconcrete

Post by comeburstingtheconcrete »

Downloaded, unzipped, and I don't even have a Pascal compiler. It's amazing to think, scrolling through the files, that the code in them was written over twenty years ago... Thank you for sharing this.

john11
Donator

Post by john11 »

Good to see some big companies releasing old abandoned source code! Adobe first released CS2, and now the source for Photoshop 1. I'm starting to like Adobe more and more. Plus recently (due to court cases), they made Creative Cloud subscriptions the same price in Australia as in the USA. Although they still haven't reduced the prices of the individual products, its a good start.

voidp

Post by voidp »

xZEROx wrote:Wow, i wish this could happen for some old windows versions like 3.1,2.0,1.0,...ect
The next best thing might be the Windows NT 4.0 WOW environment subsystem source (~\private\mvdm\wow16\kernel31\).

See ksource.txt and note that a makefile is included.

yksoft1

Post by yksoft1 »

This source code is still unbuildable under my System 6.0.8+MPW 3.1+MacApp 2.0 installation. Judged from the environment variables in Photoshop.make, it might need MacApp 1.x for building...
And there are some missing files: EVEITF.o, UPhotoshop.LOAD and Photoshop.BuildFlags.

ViennaXP
Donator

Post by ViennaXP »

john11 wrote:Good to see some big companies releasing old abandoned source code! Adobe first released CS2, and now the source for Photoshop 1. I'm starting to like Adobe more and more. Plus recently (due to court cases), they made Creative Cloud subscriptions the same price in Australia as in the USA. Although they still haven't reduced the prices of the individual products, its a good start.
They only released CS2 for people ,who already have a license. They couldn't know that the little donwloadsite would spread so fast...
Buy Student Versions, of course you have to be a student *hehe*
Production Suite for 369 Euros instead of 2161 Euros and they even allow you to upgrade it to a full version later and to use it for some kind of business. I am happy, that I bought my Production Suite CS6 one month ago
Tower PC: Windows 8 x64 with Media Center, I forgot the specs
iMac 21,5 Mid 2011: 2,7 GHz i5, 8 GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB, 1 TB HDD, OS X 10.7
Macbook Pro Retina Early 2013: 2,7GHz i7, 16 GB RAM, a fancy dGPU, 256 GB SSD, OS X 10.8

jimmsta
Donator

Post by jimmsta »

It's surprising to see source code this old get released now, 25+ years after it was utilized. I have hopes held high that one day Microsoft will do the same with NT in its entirety.
16 years of BA experience; I refurbish old electronics, and archive diskettes with a KryoFlux. My posting history is 16 years of educated speculation and autism.

MSUser2013
Donator

Post by MSUser2013 »

jimmsta wrote:It's surprising to see source code this old get released now, 25+ years after it was utilized. I have hopes held high that one day Microsoft will do the same with NT in its entirety.
Yeah, I was thinking MS should do the same with Internet Explorer 1.0, Or MS-DOS

yksoft1

Post by yksoft1 »

MSUser2013 wrote:
jimmsta wrote:It's surprising to see source code this old get released now, 25+ years after it was utilized. I have hopes held high that one day Microsoft will do the same with NT in its entirety.
Yeah, I was thinking MS should do the same with Internet Explorer 1.0, Or MS-DOS
Internet Explorer 2.x source is in the leaked NT4 source. (And someone in China did actually fix and build that in VS2005).
MS-DOS 6.0 source was leaked some years ago however the package lacks many language files so most modules are not buildable.

MM-DD-YY

Post by MM-DD-YY »

Here's part of Notepad's source code from Windows NT 3.1 I believe.

http://pastebin.com/qK47pytf
Last edited by MM-DD-YY on Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wheatley
Donator

Post by Wheatley »

MM-DD-YY wrote:Here's part of Notepad's source code from Windows NT 3.1 I believe.

Code: Select all

snipped damnit
Offtopic Comment
Sorry if this falls under backseat moderating, but that's a one way to make the thread unnecessarily long. You should really paste that under pastebin or somewhere similar.
Windows Defender for great justice! Bugs are an international trading company. I need to defeat the anti-debugging and obfuscation methods. It wasn't for Intel's absurd ability to load in ie6. Why even waste time with people in an envelope?

3155ffGd

Post by 3155ffGd »

voidp wrote:
xZEROx wrote:The next best thing might be the Windows NT 4.0 WOW environment subsystem source (~\private\mvdm\wow16\kernel31\).

See ksource.txt and note that a makefile is included.

Someday I wish that someone compiled the SoftPC VDM, in the hopes that it would allow 64-bit Windows to run 16-bit applications.

z180
Donator

Post by z180 »

I'm sure there is a better solution than that.
Stephen Elop….I curse you, that after your death your soul will be forever trapped in the sourcecode of Windows and one day Microsoft will fall because of that virus code!