The story about Longhorn 3718?

Discuss Windows Vista/Server 2008 to Windows 10.
tristan
Donator

The story about Longhorn 3718?

Post by tristan »

I've read some things about it on the internet, leaked april 2004, but it didn't leak for a long time.
3718 - The 3718 story is a wonder all of its own. I can't go into detail about this story but let's just say this is a looooong and intricate ordeal. In lieu of that, long story short, there were 2 screenshots that leaked in a similar fashion to the 3670 screenshot. Outside of my actual contacts, I know of 2 people who have/had this build... and trust me, it won't leak. There are things in 3718 that some people would kill for. I'll just leave it at that.
This is a post that was made in february 2004 (before it leaked) does anyone know the whole story about this build, and how it actually got leaked?

bns06

Post by bns06 »

It got given to the wrong people more than likely, what happens with most builds.

Or it could have been the original source who may have wanted to leak it

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

Pretty sure 3718 was more of the first.

Emir214

Post by Emir214 »

I read at this website that Longhorn 3718 was a dirty leak. I tried to find the original topic at iexBeta, but it seems that it has been deleted.

fzajac
Donator

Post by fzajac »

I think it was described here but the topic was deleted or something...
Anyway here's a google copy i've found.
A Person at MS gave the build to two kiddies, which leaked it some time later. Well they thought they are uber 1337 if they do so. Anyway, everything was traced, the man who gave it to those 2 kids, was found out, lost his job, had to pay lots of money, lost his family and almost had to go to prison. Thats more or less the story. (in a short way.)

lol.

Ludacris
Donator

Post by Ludacris »

FiFi wrote:
A Person at MS gave the build to two kiddies, which leaked it some time later. Well they thought they are uber 1337 if they do so. Anyway, everything was traced, the man who gave it to those 2 kids, was found out, lost his job, had to pay lots of money, lost his family and almost had to go to prison. Thats more or less the story. (in a short way.)

lol.
that was what i wrote somewhere here, and no that was not 3718, it was 3686

Thlump
Donator

Post by Thlump »

Emir214 wrote:I read at this website that Longhorn 3718 was a dirty leak. I tried to find the original topic at iexBeta, but it seems that it has been deleted.
It's alright, this website has tons of cool stuff.(such as a Mind Reader!) Thanks for sharing this website.
Ludacris wrote:
Fixed.

Emir214

Post by Emir214 »

Someone already shared that website here before. But I've known about this website long before that.
Ludacris wrote:
FiFi wrote:

lol.
Correction, this build was 3683.

tristan
Donator

Post by tristan »

Emir214 wrote:Someone already shared that website here before. But I've known about this website long before that.
Ludacris wrote:
FiFi wrote:

lol.
Correction, this build was 3683.
Same could've been happened with 3663, but it didn't .