Build 105? Would be great item for collection, a pre-beta 1 build
Please upload it... or give to Andy for the RaF xD

Leon
Donator

Post by Leon »

Upload it Please

Namronia

Post by Namronia »

Looks like its later, may 122, but im not sure. May its just mislabeled, lets hope not ...

WinPC

Post by WinPC »

I looked at your screenshot and I found a file that reports itself as being Build 108.

Did you check the USER.EXE file? The USER.EXE file always determines the build number for every build from the Windows 3.1x series and up.

You should also check the About Windows box to make sure that this build is what you think it is. That's the quickest and easiest way to find out what build it is.

Namronia

Post by Namronia »

WinPC wrote:I looked at your screenshot and I found a file that reports itself as being Build 108.

Did you check the USER.EXE file? The USER.EXE file always determines the build number for every build from the Windows 3.1x series and up.

You should also check the About Windows box to make sure that this build is what you think it is. That's the quickest and easiest way to find out what build it is.
Yes, thats right

well, also i read somewhere that pre 122 (117&down) have this wallpaper without the text "under construction", i think kenoath (was it him? sorry, i dont remember now) showed it once in osba.

WinPC

Post by WinPC »

Namronia wrote:
WinPC wrote:I looked at your screenshot and I found a file that reports itself as being Build 108.

Yes, thats right

well, also i read somewhere that pre 122 (117&down) have this wallpaper without the text "under construction", i think kenoath (was it him? sorry, i dont remember now) showed it once in osba.
That's correct. Just now I logged into the OSBA Archive and found that post from KenOath:
KenOath wrote:
OBrasilo wrote:- HacKmaN: Just checked the SUWIN.EXE, and it says 4.00.122. :-/

Meh, I guess the .RAR I got was just misnamed then.

Every single server within osba who supposedly has 117, really has
122 mislabelled...
The setupx.dll + the user.exe is another way of positively identifying
Chicago builds...
Iv'e seen some Suwin.exe's in the Memphis builds who's file properties
don't match the build numbers so I use the Setupx.dll as a file of choice...

The real build 117 has a wallpaper similar to 122, just has the
"Work in progress" missing from the wallpaper.

As Such...

When I found this image it was uploaded using ImageShack, so I copied it into Paint, saved it as a GIF file and then reuploaded it using the BetaArchive Image Uploader.

EDIT: Fixed both the quote and the emoticon
EDIT2: I thought I might tell you that this whole "Chicago Build 177"/"Chicago Build 117" thing has been going on for at least seven years. When I checked out the 2001 Google Archive, I found some Warez websites that claimed to have Chicago Build 177. I think that someone back then found Chicago Build 122 and mistyped it as Chicago Build 177, and that later someone found an archive claiming to be Chicago Build 177, decided to upload it somewhere and mistyped it again as Chicago Build 117.

xeeynamo

Post by xeeynamo »

I've checked now in system propriety... Is build 122 >.< excuse me

Emir214

Post by Emir214 »

I think this was brought up months ago.

chevady1203
Donator

Re: Chicago Build 105?

Post by chevady1203 »

Try to download at
http://new.taringa.net/posts/downloads/ ... ndows-2000).html